PDA

View Full Version : computer gurus

derekhonda
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9191545&type=product&id=1218052148213

Thoughts?

My question, i do a lot of things that require ram, I'm usually watching watching a movie on netflix or listening to music on pandora, playing poker online, surfing the web, and updating my ipod just to paint a picture; So the 6GB makes me happy.

The big hard drive makes me happy.

I have a 22" monitor right now that works, but my question is it doesnt look like it comes with a monitor, would a computer like that hook up to a smaller flat panel tv like a 27" or even a 32", im not sure how that stuff all works.

Thanks in advance

03pete
02-21-2009, 08:31 AM
It has good memory and HD space, but the video card isn't the best.

Rastus
02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
IMO, I'd try to find one with a quad core CPU. The RAM doesn't matter much, 4Gigs will do what you want to do no problem. Make sure you get a 64bit OS too.
And HDs, I always figure out how much space I need and then double that figure.

If you play any PC games, you will want a decent video card because all that box has is onboard video which is not desired. You can get a great video card for fairly cheap these days though that will have the output you need for a TV and will play all the games out right now.

derekhonda
02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for your answers guys, I did end up buying a 4 processor 4 gig and then upgraded to 8 gigs just because I truly like to multitask I am always doing 10 thinks at once it seems.

I did, just go purchse a 32" TV too and I am using that as my monitor right now, It is pretty awesome but at the same time I am not getting the picture quality that I had hoped for. Any Ideas?

So far I have three possible reasons.

1. I bought a cheapo tv. $400 at walmart got me a 32" LCD HD TV, but it only has a 1500:1 contrast ratio so does that affect quality?

2. Video Card. Some guy at geek squad told me that I need an HD Video card to make even non HS things show up clearer.

3. Even though the computer has an HDMI output and the TV has an HDMI input (which is how I have the screen connected to the computer) I was told that I need to buy a converter that connects the HDMI cord to the actual VGA (monitor) output on the tower. No idea on that one, seems like if it has a HDMI connection that would be the best connection versus using a connector and "making" it work.

derekhonda
02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
:-)

derekhonda
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Finally got her dialed in.