PDA

View Full Version : GYTR vs Other Brands

Shorty700Raptor
02-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I was wanting to get some opinions about aftermarket parts. I have a 2009 Yamaha YFZ450R and I want to buy a pipe, a-arm guards, swing arm guards and chasis skid plate for it. I am trying to figure out what is the best brand to buy? I was thinking about going with the GYTR stuff so it would all match, what do you guys think is better?

Pappy
02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
The GYTR pipe is very nice and IMO is one of the best set ups for the YFZ. We have broken almost every brand there is on one of ours...the GYTR lasted all season and showed no signs of cracks or breaking.

The swing arm skid isnt to bad, but there are other options that are stronger (PRM, Pro Armor)

A-Arm gaurds....never used them so cant comment.

Shorty700Raptor
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the reply! We have a Raptor 700 with all PRM skid plates. Do you think the GYTR swing arm plates are not as strong because they are maybe made out of thinner material? Thanks!

Pappy
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
id say that is one reason. i havent compared the gytr to others but i dont think they offer more then 1 skid? the gytr chassis skid isnt bad, but depending on your riding conditions, i would look at other options versus price, thickness etc. the gytr stuff sure does fit good!

Shorty700Raptor
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Ok, we looked through the dirt wheels and then on Yamaha of Troys website and the GYTR stuff is more expensive than the Pro Armor. On yamahaoftroy.com under shop online then the Yamaha Sport Accessories catalog, and they only show the back part of the nerf bars & a slip on exhaust, do I need a header pipe for the most performance? Does Yamaha make a header pipe for it? Do you know if they have a full nerf bar (front & rear). Thanks!

Pappy
02-20-2009, 04:31 PM
You dont need the headpipe, a slip on will be fine, it wont hurt but it comes down to future mods and your fundage:p we run the full gytr titanium system...love it

The gytr nerfs are ok....i prefer rath. we havent run gytr nerfs on a yfz but have on another model.

Shorty700Raptor
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Ok thanks! Is the GYTR header pipe a bigger diameter? Does the slip on pipe have a spark arrester? Do you know if there is a GYTR front & rear bumper? Where can I find all this stuff? Where I looked, it didn't show everything! Thanks again!

Pappy
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes they have bumpers, but they arent the strongest out there

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acsubcontaineritems/5/359/1279/6896/all/2.aspx

Shorty700Raptor
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok thanks for all your help! Is the GYTR header pipe a bigger diameter? Does the slip on pipe have a spark arrester?

mxraptor149
02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Edited by Moderator

Can we send you a bill for advertising?