PDA

View Full Version : Little help please?

Porkchop
12-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Alright.. I bought a new clutch lever and perch for my 400, and so I got everything hooked up and it's perfect. My problem is what do I do with that little clicker that was in the old set up? I know if its pressed in it will start in gear.. which I dont want, but I also want to get rid of it because its ugly and is taped on my handlebars for now.. so what do I do?

HOT-ROD
12-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
Alright.. I bought a new clutch lever and perch for my 400, and so I got everything hooked up and it's perfect. My problem is what do I do with that little clicker that was in the old set up? I know if its pressed in it will start in gear.. which I dont want, but I also want to get rid of it because its ugly and is taped on my handlebars for now.. so what do I do? i just cut that off mine , but it will start in gear

300eXTraILRyDeR
12-24-2002, 03:58 PM
is there 2 wire's if so connect them .

Texan32
12-24-2002, 04:31 PM
The wires you are refering to. You have two options. If you DON'T connect them, the quad WILL have to be in Neutral in order to start it. If you connect them, the quad WILL START in any gear (weither the clutch lever is pulled or not).

Most people elect to connect the wires. Imagine you are in a race (xc or mx, it doesn't really matter). You dive into a corner in too high a gear and croak the motor. Do you really want to be wasting valuable time looking for neutral just to get the quad started again? But, its your machine. Do as you wish.

As for the switch. Would you like to have a brake light on your 400? Follow the link. Mine works great!http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25736&highlight=brake+light

Sparks425Ex
12-24-2002, 05:15 PM
The Best thing to do is to connect the 2 wires. Then you can start in what ever gear you want. Much easier.