PDA

View Full Version : What jets to use with T5's

speedfreek
02-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Currently there is 300 main jets in my buddies bike and it has stock carbs. It is a 2002. Is there a jey kit he can get to match his pipes?

Also what is the best cool head for stock cylinders. And how much cranking compression should a shee have? thanks

02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by speedfreek
Currently there is 300 main jets in my buddies bike and it has stock carbs. It is a 2002. Is there a jey kit he can get to match his pipes?

Also what is the best cool head for stock cylinders. And how much cranking compression should a shee have? thanks

Answered in order...

1) Hows it run with the 300's? There's no jet kit that will get you spot on. Banshee's are finicky and take a lot of tuning. Is it too rich or too lean?

2) I'm personally not a fan of cool heads. And you really won't notice the difference in temperature. You can get your stock head re-cut and re-chambered for about $75 to any size domes you want.

3) On a fresh rebuild the compression should be about 125-130. If it has some time on it, as long as it's above 110 your fine. We've ran ours down to 90 somethin before and it still ran decent.

dave5.0
02-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I think when I had stock carbs I was up to 340 mains. That was with pod filters on the carbs, ported reed cages, clean up port on the cylinders. You have to play with it to get it right. Once you get there you shouldn't have to mess with it to much. Unless you ride in extreme temps or elevation. If you haven't gotten it right yet get back to me and I'll tell you how I've been told to jet one. Always works good for me.