PDA

View Full Version : Bestman Speech

raptor35086
02-20-2009, 10:51 AM
My dads wedding is tomorrow and he asked me to be his bestman about a month ago. And of course a best man speech comes along with that and i have decided to put it off until now. First of all i am not a very good public speaker and on top of that. It will be my first time every giving a bestman speech. Does anyone have any tips for me? Maybe opening lines...or humorous lines? I dont want anythign tooo original by i need help. I need to write it tonight the wedding is tomorrow.

derekhonda
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Just open with something funny, since its your dad an easy one would be:

Well, I guess can share a story about "Rick" with you guys since I have known him for my whole life.....blah blah blah tell a story about a fun time you two had.

Comment on the new wife, Tell her he is her problem now wish them the best of luck, go get drunk.

Not real hard, practice it a few times try to not stutter or say "uh" between everyword. Good luck.

Wills77
02-20-2009, 07:26 PM
" im just sayin, i think you gotta think about your options... i know that you are technically married now but that does not mean that they have to live with us...
dad, were men... that means a few things... we like to **** with the door open...we talk about *****...we go on river boat gambleing trips.. we make our own beef jerkey...THATS WHAT WE DO ... and now that is all wrecked "

BERT306
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Just grab the mic and say----

"I'M TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN"

quad2xtreme
02-20-2009, 09:51 PM
My father has many close friends so I was surprised when he asked me to be his best man. But on reflection, I think he was swayed by the fact that I know very little about the first thirty years of his life, which therefore puts some rather embarrassing stories out of reach. Or so he thought. Find somebody to tell you something nobody knows about...

seriously, just do a search on best man speeches and you will find more than enough material.

mxduner
02-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
My father has many close friends so I was surprised when he asked me to be his best man. But on reflection, I think he was swayed by the fact that I know very little about the first thirty years of his life, which therefore puts some rather embarrassing stories out of reach. Or so he thought. Find somebody to tell you something nobody knows about...

seriously, just do a search on best man speeches and you will find more than enough material. like quad2 said, talk to his old time buddies and find some dirt on him that would turn out EXTREME!... for his own son to even find out about.the rest would be overlooked.lol:devil:

brian76708
02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
so how did it go?

raptor35086
02-23-2009, 08:40 AM
it went good...i had the whole place laughing real hard...i just went on youtube and got some ideas...hahaha it never fails