PDA

View Full Version : Fire red dormant

hendershot106
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
hey pappy... my powdercoater and i shot some Fire red last night and night before.... i have never seen anything like it after you bake the red itself before clear.... it turned into almost a chrome reallly smooth laying look... then with clear it turned into a fire red... weirdest thing i ever saw!!!!!

Is this because of the dormant???

It seems that this was a easier job than using a candy color... much easier to get a solid coating with the main color.

Pappy
02-20-2009, 10:42 AM
yep thats what it does

i use both types, and both can have their problems. as long as you get a solid base down and dont over cure it, it does fine when you add the clear. i like using it because it adds the clear coat as opposed to having to add a clear over a candy that has already had to go over a base coat....one less step to screw up:p

hendershot106
02-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
yep thats what it does

i use both types, and both can have their problems. as long as you get a solid base down and dont over cure it, it does fine when you add the clear. i like using it because it adds the clear coat as opposed to having to add a clear over a candy that has already had to go over a base coat....one less step to screw up:p

my coater and i came to the same assumption !!! I like it better than the candy due to less powder use.. and less steps as you mentioned!!

This was both of our first experience with a Dormant color... i am very pleased!!!!