PDA

View Full Version : Chadwick?

mazdalet13
02-20-2009, 02:24 AM
My buddies and me go to little sahara twice every year and would like to try something new. Does anyone ever go there and if so what do think of it. We are all IATVHSS riders.

rcr4w
02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
rocks rocks rocks rocks rocks so I guess if you like riding on rocks its great but I will never go there again

Motoracer13
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
I go there a couple times a year and its def worth going at least once to see if you like it. Yes lots of rock with very little mud. There are hills from mild to wild that are log, rocky, and rutted from rain. Its hell on soft tires and hard on normal ones. Make sure your sprocket and rear brake are well protected. Theres 125 miles of well marked trails. The trails are rated like ski slopes, easy to black diamond. They have easy to read maps available. The fee's for riding arent bad, $7 a day for a quad. Lots of camping and pretty decent toilets, just bring your own tp!

You buy the permits at a little gas station in Chadwick, the town, Its right on hwy 125 and they have a FEW replacement parts for bikes/atvs but its more luck if they have what you need. They also have a small deli counter where they make basic sandwiches. Its your typical tiny country gas station.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/chadwick/

zracer16
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Yea, what Motoracer said. LOTS of rock and water holes with very little mud. Chadwick is my favorite place to ride in MO. I would also consider getting a full chassis skid if you don't already have one.

Hey Motoracer,
I see your from Liberty. Where do you normally ride? I have have a small place to ride(40 acres) just outside of Platte City.

mazdalet13
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I go riding in Mo every once in a while by St. joe and Gilman City. It is a blast. I've got the skid plate issue covered but I would like to see any pics if anyone has any from there.

rcr4w
02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
finger lakes just north of columbia is much better

Motoracer13
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
I rode at finger lakes 2 weeks ago. Its not bad either, as long as you like mud. The track wasnt in to bad of shape wich really shocked me. I did like the way they are starting to mark the trails and cleaned a nice trail from campground to the track. Its also pretty stupid about the quads having to have flags but the bikes dont. I didnt go there but twice last year because it was starting to get like Deepwater.

rcr4w
02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
I have ride deepwater to much in the past to the point I don't even like going there especialy since they closed the north side it was the most fun finger lakes is a place you need to hit in the summer when its hot spring and fall are really muddy