PDA

View Full Version : Some More Build Help/Parts Help

cdoskocil9
02-19-2009, 08:37 PM
How do I get a ball joint tight that spins?

Also where can I find CV4 Hoses and some of that heat wrap?

Will the heat wrap work on the exhaust?

Mr. Big Time
02-19-2009, 11:08 PM
what do you mean tight that spins? Heat wrap you can buy at most hardware stores, and cv4 hose... epicracingproducts.com

cdoskocil9
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I just meen that the threads are spinning so the nut wont get tight ..... like when the threads on a bolt spin so you hold both sides to tighten the nut....Thanks

nate450x
02-20-2009, 05:07 PM
I know what you mean i see it all the time when i do ball joints on vehicles. The best thing to do is apply pressure from the back/bottom side of the ball joint if it is the bottom (opposite side of the nut/threads) and just flip it around if it's the top. I use a jack against the bottom a-arm and let the weight of the vehicle seat the ball joint so it doesn't spin. But if it is the top then you may have to use brute force by applying pressure down on the ball joint/a-arm while trying to tighten the nut. If this doesn't work then you may have you use a large C-clamp or wrap a ratchet strap around both of the a-arms and sqeeze them together against the spindle. Hope this helps!!!

cdoskocil9
02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Thank you i tried the jack and the c clamp still spins ..... time for the ratchet strap :devil:

DGS
02-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by cdoskocil9
Thank you i tried the jack and the c clamp still spins ..... time for the ratchet strap :devil:

I was gonna say ratchet strap....:D Around top and bottom a-arm. Should do the trick...

cdoskocil9
02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Should I pull the shock and wheel? or will it be better to have the shock pushing against ratchet strap?

DGS
02-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I would ratchet across both top and bottom a-arms... that will apply preasure to the ball joint and help it not to spin....