PDA

View Full Version : clutch lifter arm moving at an idle???

Dathon Lawler
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
just a little.....its goes up and down. i never noticed it cause i'm never looking there while it's running. but i did today. i just got a hydraulic clutch and i went to adjust it and seen it. a little history for a responder. i push my quad hard. so guys don't give me junk. before i go jumping into the crank case i gotta hear what others think. cause i think my crank may be bent. i gotta here if someone else has been through this. thank you for any responses. i edited this already cause i was a little misleading my first post. a little more info..... i go through clutches pretty easy. and it always has slipped a little and never have figured out why. i got clutch springs that are the heaviest duty. the best of everything in the clutch department, only to realize it's something else.

drew416ex
02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Why do you think your crank may be bent. And if you have been through a clutch in two races, you are slipping it too much. Its a 4 stroke, take advantage of the torque of the engine.

Dathon Lawler
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
thats the thing i hardly clutch it unless i am bogging down in a corner. and even then i'm not necessarily "clutching it" i usaully just pull it in while never lifting the throttle and when rpm jumps up i just let the clutch lever pop out of my fingers and i'm goin again. but i was saying i think my crank is bent cause that would explain the wobble that is present in the clutch lifter arm. it moves up and down. and it does it with a lot of force. i stuck my finger in between there to see if it was just dangling. nope. it is moving up and down forcefully.

02-20-2009, 07:08 PM
why would a bent crank do that to a lifter arm...there is a lifter pin connected to the lifter arm...that pin usually breaks, but then you have absolutely no clutch because there is nothing to actuate the clutch. the lifter pin just "sets" inside of the lifter arm...there is not any up and down motion to cause this.

the lifter arm rotates and pulls the lifter pin and actuates the clutch