PDA

View Full Version : Most horsepower

yfzrider73
02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I was just wondering what the most horsepower some of you guys are getting on your modified yfz's

THANKS

ohsobad_chevy
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
I am 3 stickers away from 80 horses right now........:p

But seriously, I haven't put my bike on the dyno yet (couple weeks) but my buddy who has the exact same mods as me put out 47 horses.

Sparks pipe and an FCI intake.....that's it.

oemparts
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
have you done the cam mod?

ohsobad_chevy
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by oemparts
have you done the cam mod?

Yup, only got 14 HP from that........... I tell ya, the stickers are where it's at.

lol......I'm sorry, no offense, but I just don't get why people are so awed by numbers. Big HP has never been my cup o tea.....but I do appreciate some good "usable" power and not to mention, a good handling bike gets me excited. :D

Ride1Rob
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Yup, only got 14 HP from that........... I tell ya, the stickers are where it's at.

lol......I'm sorry, no offense, but I just don't get why people are so awed by numbers. Big HP has never been my cup o tea.....but I do appreciate some good "usable" power and not to mention, a good handling bike gets me excited. :D

What he said. And too much :muscle: can actually loose you a race. Useable power is where it's at all day. Figure unless you're a SERIOUS racer, 45-50hp is more than enough. That's just me though :ermm: .

ohsobad_chevy
02-21-2009, 01:19 PM
R1R,

If you lived closer, I would buy you a beer! :cool: