PDA

View Full Version : What is this

sheriff525
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Okay Jeff this is why you can not go on vacation. this picture looks like they have something going into the second filter cover. what are these tubes. i don't recall them on my quad and if they are i am going to use the excuss that it has been cold and i forgot what my quad looks like. hahaha

OutlawBill
02-19-2009, 05:24 AM
oil cooler lines

GE4x4
02-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Yep, oil cooler lines. Looks like the Baldwin set-up.

U1arunit
02-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Yep, oil cooler lines. Looks like the Baldwin set-up.

Do you have more info on this setup?

SSJEFF
02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by U1arunit

It is funny you asked this because I just wrote Jennifer a PM on predowners that guys were going to want info on it. lol. Lets see what she sends back.

I am working on my own. It will involve removing both filters, pluging the internal passage on the left filter that goes to the right, tapping both caps, an external filter mount with a walmart fram filter I run on my triumph daytona 955i($6), and a cooler from Summit racing($34). If I could find and external filter mount that used a small filter I would be set but all I can find are big ones.

GE4x4
02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by U1arunit

You will need to call Baldwin motorsports to get info as it's not on there site yet. The front is like a small radiator and the cost is around $450.

SSJEFF
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
You will need to call Baldwin motorsports to get info as it's not on there site yet. The front is like a small radiator and the cost is around $450.

I am not paying $450, I will make something myself!!! That just seems really high.

U1arunit
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I will let you do the R&D work on this one Jeff and then once you have it done I will send you a low-ball offer to purchase your parts list and directions. LOL!!

montycarlo
02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by SSJEFF
I am not paying $450, I will make something myself!!! That just seems really high.

x2

SSJEFF
02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
If I can get a machine shop to make a piece then You guys can buy the rest and just get the piece from me. it is a really simple piece once the tools are purchased.

the hardest part would be figuring out were to mount the cooler and filter.

somewon
02-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd be interested!

jeff do you still have some of the extra carriers that have been tapped for a zerk?

SSJEFF
02-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I have one on the shelf. I will have to figure out how much I have in it but I can do it cheaper if you ship me the core first. That way I can redo another and have it ready. To be honest,I like the one on the shelf better than the one in my IRS and was planning on eventually switching it. The one on the shelf has metal seals on the outside of the bearings.

What I try to do is catch quality bearings on Ebay since the origional cost of an SKF bearing is $85 and there are 2. I can get them considerably cheaper from Ebay from wholesalers who buy up inventories at auctions. I have on set of bearings but one did not come with any seals at all, another product of buying on ebay.

I did talk to my cousin at a machine shop about making a Filter mount. He told me to draw something up. This system would involve someone that is willing to mod their quad. Maybe adding a bar in fron of the engine to hold the mount.

somewon
02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I'd be happy to send you my carrier as a core, provided the price works out. PM me a price when you get a chance.

I'd be nice if we weren't so far apart, I don't mind using my outlaw as a test for the oil cooler, provided we don't figure anything wrong and pop my motor. :)