PDA

View Full Version : bad news for me tnt1...........

andiboy123
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Another malfunction on my bike. For the pass couple of days I have been talking to tnt1 about a problem on my starter or my starter relay/solenoid. But well it wasn’t like that, my mechanic try to take the starter out and he can’t why I don’t know but then de dismount the Ignition Cover and he realize that the stator plate was completely destroy, 3 of the screw that goes from the flywheel thru the Sprag Clutch Housing where broke ant they got stock on stator damaging the fly wheel as the stator as well. Bad news for me tnt1, remember I don’t have warranty, also no local dealer with parts on stock….. Why this happened? The screw didn’t even have loctie they where loose now I will have to spend $500 on a 3 month ride. I’m really disappointed……..

ProspectorJim
02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I believe the recall may have been for this very issue.

andiboy123
02-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I believe the recall may have been for this very issue.

i someone can help me where i can find the oficial recall information it will be great, i was looking at the brp web page and there is no info about that recall and i need something oficial to go to the local distributor to claim it, if there is a recall of this issue is a problem manufacturer recognize is a faliure so they have to replace the part no question ask at least thats the way recall on cars works

TNT
02-19-2009, 05:26 AM
Man sorry to hear that! I can't imagine why those screws came loose, the manual calls for locktite. I am seeing alot of cases where locktite is not installed at the factory. How does the bulletin address this? Seems like a case of factory neglect to me. I would fight this one my freind tooth and nail and get BRP to pay for it. Good luck! At least you didn't loose the rest of your gears.

Blizzard24
02-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I had this recall done, it replaces the 4 bolts on the flywheel and these bolts have new torque specs. Contact A dealer for the Recall and ask them to email you or fax the recall notice to you, if your engine is within the serial number range, you should be covered for the recall as well as any damage done because of the bolts letting loose.

TNT
02-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by andiboy123
i someone can help me where i can find the oficial recall information it will be great, i was looking at the brp web page and there is no info about that recall and i need something oficial to go to the local distributor to claim it, if there is a recall of this issue is a problem manufacturer recognize is a faliure so they have to replace the part no question ask at least thats the way recall on cars works

I'll see if I can a copy of it today at the dealer and scan it in for you. I want to see it and get the torque values I can't even find values in the manual.

andiboy123
02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
I'll see if I can a copy of it today at the dealer and scan it in for you. I want to see it and get the torque values I can't even find values in the manual.

thanks bro that will be great!!!!!
i just call the brp distributor on the island and i explain that that was a factory recall so its not warranty and they are soupose to respond for that as far my atvis part of it, and my production date is 01/08 so for sure is part of that recall so lets hope i dont have to pay a factory mistake

DGS
02-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Andiboy123 give me your Vin # and model # and i will tell you if your parts where warranty or not...those bolts should have been replaced with the new ones. I have the torque specs and the Bulletin but i cant scan them in....!!! Get those details to me and i will let you know....

andiboy123
02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DGS
Andiboy123 give me your Vin # and model # and i will tell you if your parts where warranty or not...those bolts should have been replaced with the new ones. I have the torque specs and the Bulletin but i cant scan them in....!!! Get those details to me and i will let you know....

vin#-2bvbxll118v00519
this is the other number dont know is is the model#-3g8a
production date 01/08

thanks bro!!!!!!
dont forget to tell me about the cam mod you are doing on your ds!!!!!!

DGS
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by andiboy123
vin#-2bvbxll118v00519
this is the other number dont know is is the model#-3g8a
production date 01/08

thanks bro!!!!!!
dont forget to tell me about the cam mod you are doing on your ds!!!!!!

Do u mean 000519..? If so, your DS needs the warranty. Your campaign number is 2008-0009. If you have a legit dealer there, they will have access to BRP's BOSSWEB and will be able to claim the warranty from BRP. According to my records, your rear engine mount also need to be upgraded. Your dealer should drill and fit new spacer to your rear engine mount.

Contact them and let them know they have to repair your DS under warranty.

Let me know if you need anything else...

andiboy123
02-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DGS
Do u mean 000519..? If so, your DS needs the warranty. Your campaign number is 2008-0009. If you have a legit dealer there, they will have access to BRP's BOSSWEB and will be able to claim the warranty from BRP. According to my records, your rear engine mount also need to be upgraded. Your dealer should drill and fit new spacer to your rear engine mount.

Contact them and let them know they have to repair your DS under warranty.

Let me know if you need anything else...
thats the thing i got my ds from the us and broght it to puerto rico and becouse i didnt buy it from them they dont want to gave me the warranty what im waiting for them to call me if not is cover by the recall iam f**** up.......

DGS
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Your dealer should still do it...it doesnt cost them as they claim the time back from BRP.....if they dont, contact BRP headoffice to sort it out...!! its a warranty no matter what country you live in..!!! As long as you bought the DS from an authorised Can Am dealer..!!

outtagas
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Ya canam will fix your ds right up!!! Just like they are fixing mine - my 2009 ds 450mx dust collector in the garage - i am still waiting for a frame - the same guy who forgot to put loctite on your bike forgot to put my frame in the jig. Hey talk to jonathan and carlos those guys are classic!!! could i be more sarcastic!!!!!

andiboy123
02-23-2009, 08:25 AM
if any body can help , i am looking for dealers with parts on stock to order the stator an the flywheel my can am local distribution center dont whant to replace my stator by warranty even with a recal on it becouse i didn't got my ride from them now i have to spend 500 on parts that should be replace by manufacturer so im f***
please if any body know beside tnt1(thanks bro) leave store name and phone number (us store only)

bwkcobra03
02-23-2009, 02:26 PM
I am still waiting for my flywheel bolts. I tried to call can-am @ 715-848-4957 and i keep getting a recording. I dont think they care. my parts were ordered in December.

does anyone know another phone# to can am????

bwkcobra03
02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I tried calling brp north america 450-532-2211 and asked for a live customer support person and got transfered to a voice mail. Lets see what happens. I think everyone should keep calling BRP so we can get our parts befoure we serious dammages happen to our motors like andiboy. Just rember the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I have been waiting 3 months for my flywheel bolts.

andiboy123
02-24-2009, 06:23 AM
as a mater of fact, warranty for dealers is like mamas joke to mamas lovers hhehehe
fact is tha bpr dont even care a bout ther costumer like they should , this si a new atv and with this kind of things they will start to fall

now thanks to TNT1 he send me to the best costumer service ever to get my parts , not warranty, im buying my manufacturer mistake parts, and i will never get a refund by brp.
if you decide to buy your parts try
http://www.marineworld.com/aboutus.asp
they are the best people to talk and they act fast so go and try it!!!!!!