PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone tracking device??? GF's mom??

Ripitupfilms
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Is it possible to have a tracking device on a cell phone. can it be setup with a phone company or somehting or is my Gf's mom a psycho and lieing to her.

Her mom just magically says there a tracking device on your phone because her mom wants her to stay home all the time.

Ive been googleing and need more true factts

BlaineKaiser450
02-18-2009, 06:57 PM
i know some certain phones have that option but i bet shes just bluffing

Ripitupfilms
02-18-2009, 06:58 PM
she said she heard her mom on the phone but. anyone can sit there and say hey att i wanna blah blah blah setup and track my daughters phone

90cc DAD
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
You can use this site to track any cell phone!!
Find out if your girl is cheating??

Click here--> http://www.themobiletracker.com/english/index.html

Ripitupfilms
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by 90cc DAD

INSANEE!!! haha her mom cant use a computer so ill rule this one out

gsxrkneedragger
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
the first thought that came to my mind was just to leave it at home and put it on silent, so when it rings no one will hear it and if that is true, then she will just think she's at home. if that makes sense

Ripitupfilms
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
the only thing is my gf needs here phone at all times cuss her mom calls hers. plus her mom is always home and works out of her house haha.

ryansblaster
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM

haha thats funny did anybody actually try it? I did I thought it was real

Gray33
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
ha it got me to i am like holy cow u can acutally track people down

02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
lol i started and I was thinking no way. I saw the satilite image and was like wtf thats not what it looks like where i live and it kept zooming in and it still didnt look like where i lived and then the picture came up haha good one

FreekShow
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
i work for verizon. there is such a thing its called Chaperone. You cant track the phone to the exact location. her mom could have it set up where she sets specific zones. if the cell phone she is tracking goes outside of the zone by 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, or a mile depending on what she wants it to be then she will be alerted via text message. however, if the phone she is tracking is turned off this wont work. so again it cant be tracked to a specific location the closest it can be tracked is a 1/4 mile outside of the zone that the person sets up.

Motoracer13
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
I just jailbroke my iphone and there is an app where it will show you where all the iphones are. Doesnt say which one is whos but its still pretty scary. Its the goverment. They're watching, tracking our movements trying to figure out a way to make the human race lazier. That way we sleep more and learn less. The less informed we are the less we notice that they are taking more of our freedoms.

Ripitupfilms
02-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by FreekShow
i work for verizon. there is such a thing its called Chaperone. You cant track the phone to the exact location. her mom could have it set up where she sets specific zones. if the cell phone she is tracking goes outside of the zone by 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile, or a mile depending on what she wants it to be then she will be alerted via text message. however, if the phone she is tracking is turned off this wont work. so again it cant be tracked to a specific location the closest it can be tracked is a 1/4 mile outside of the zone that the person sets up.

thats crazy. now how would her mom track her if she doesnt have a computer.

also now i called her phone and it just rings but nothing shows that im calling on her phone same with her calling me. and texts also

90cc DAD
02-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Her mom is pulling your chain... She has no way of tracking her phone!! I also worked for Verizon Wireless and there is no such tracking that she can purchase!! ONLY the police are able to use the GPS system to track a cell phone. And they need a supena from the courts. Yes she can get alerted by text if a cell phone changes towers... But she would need to pay for the service!!
As long as you are right down the street in the back seat... She won't know for at least 6-9 more months!! LOL!!

The tracker I put on here is as close to a tracker as you can find!!
Relax man.... Her scare tactic worked on you!!

FreekShow
02-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Her mom is pulling your chain... She has no way of tracking her phone!! I also worked for Verizon Wireless and there is no such tracking that she can purchase!! ONLY the police are able to use the GPS system to track a cell phone. And they need a supena from the courts. Yes she can get alerted by text if a cell phone changes towers... But she would need to pay for the service!!
As long as you are right down the street in the back seat... She won't know for at least 6-9 more months!! LOL!!

The tracker I put on here is as close to a tracker as you can find!!
Relax man.... Her scare tactic worked on you!!

um no....why dont you go to verizonwireless.com and check out the chaperone feature if u dont believe me. obviously the police are the only ones that can get an EXACT location. i didnt say it was an exact location.

actually here you go dude. http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_toolsApps_chaperoneDetails

meankfx
02-19-2009, 04:34 AM
my x girlfriends mom used to track her husband with the gps on the phone. She called nextel and its an extra feature u have to pay for. u can go to nextel.com click on the app put in the username they give you and it shows you what road there on. its really cool. I felt bad for the guy cause he had no idea she was doing it. It shows up on the bill but she always paid the bills so he never knew.

meankfx
02-19-2009, 04:36 AM
looks like nextel and verizon both do it. What service does she have? If her mom does not have a computer then there probably is no way to track her.

quad2xtreme
02-19-2009, 05:27 AM
a friend of mine as a service and can do this with his son. He can also get a text message if he exceeds a certain mph.

05LSR250R
02-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I dont own a cellphone!! LOL Now I'm glad I don't!

Bill Fuller
02-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Verison does have this tech. I used to have it on all the techs that worked at our office. You can get exact location and speed, duration of stop ETC.... Turning the phone off does not help only removing the battery. You could also set up work radius to see how far out of area they travel for lunch. You can also set it to automatically send text or email alert for driving over a set speed limit, would tell you when, where and how fast.

scuzz
02-19-2009, 07:23 AM
http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html

raptor35086
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
my friends dad used to hate his ex girlfriend so he had it set up wtih verizon that everytime he went within a mile of his girlfriends house his dads phone would ring. He got busted acouple of times.

scuzz
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by raptor35086
my friends dad used to hate his ex girlfriend so he had it set up wtih verizon that everytime he went within a mile of his girlfriends house his dads phone would ring. He got busted acouple of times.

I don't understand.

stoopidbot
02-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Sprint offers a phone tracking service too. I just got a new phone yesterday and they asked my wife if she wanted the tracking on my phone turned on. She could then see where I was within 1800 meters.

quad2xtreme
02-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
I don't understand.

drop the friend part because we know Raptor is talking about himself... ;)

Raptor's dad didn't like Raptor's old girlfriend. Raptor's dad had Raptor's phone set so it would send a message to Raptor's dad if Raptor went near Raptor's old girlfriends house.

Sounds like Mr. Raptor was just trying to protect his son from stalking charges. LOL. :D

scuzz
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Ahhhhhh...now I understand.

ridered92
02-19-2009, 09:32 AM
some phones have the option to turn the gps on your phone off. you can set it to emergency only or to everyone and just plain off.

90cc DAD
02-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ridered92
some phones have the option to turn the gps on your phone off. you can set it to emergency only or to everyone and just plain off.

I forgot about that!! If you turn off the GPS ... then nobody can track you!! Try it... And I will see you in 9 months!!

raptor35086
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
drop the friend part because we know Raptor is talking about himself... ;)

Raptor's dad didn't like Raptor's old girlfriend. Raptor's dad had Raptor's phone set so it would send a message to Raptor's dad if Raptor went near Raptor's old girlfriends house.

Sounds like Mr. Raptor was just trying to protect his son from stalking charges. LOL. :D

noooo it really was my friend! hahahaha it wasnt me

ridered92
02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I forgot about that!! If you turn off the GPS ... then nobody can track you!! Try it... And I will see you in 9 months!!

lamo,now look what i have done

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Any phone with GPS can be tracked. Now getting your hands to where you can get it tracked is hard to do, but I know the government can track any phone with GPS on it even if it's off.

Once you take the battery out they can't.

I would say it's possible that she has her phone setup so she knows where she is.

Ralph
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDollaBills
Any phone with GPS can be tracked. Now getting your hands to where you can get it tracked is hard to do, but I know the government can track any phone with GPS on it even if it's off.

I would say it's possible that she has her phone setup so she knows where she is.

They might even be able turn on your microphone and listen in even if the phone is turned off. I read something about this a while ago

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
They might even be able turn on your microphone and listen in even if the phone is turned off. I read something about this a while ago
Yea it's the government. What can they not do...lol

Frostin
02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDollaBills

I can say this is true because of a personal incident. The PA State Police had two road blocks one day waiting for me and I was like 12 miles out of town in the sticks... the way they found me was by trackin my stupid cell phone.

yam450_53
02-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

Yeah I remember that too, actually I think there was a topic about it on here. There's a video of this on youtube if I'm not mistaken, where some news station explains the whole deal, crazy stuff...

ThreeDollaBills
02-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Frostin
I can say this is true because of a personal incident. The PA State Police had two road blocks one day waiting for me and I was like 12 miles out of town in the sticks... the way they found me was by trackin my stupid cell phone.

Damn man what the freak did you do? To have road blocks set up?

pro-rider46
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Frostin

yeah punxys not far from me, i wanna hear this story.

250x_kyle
02-20-2009, 09:26 PM
take her to a resturant with a hotel across the street. park the car at the hotel and have her leaver her phone in the car while you go in to eat. thats the true way to find out if shes tracking her.

BlaineKaiser450
02-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
take her to a resturant with a hotel across the street. park the car at the hotel and have her leaver her phone in the car while you go in to eat. thats the true way to find out if shes tracking her. thats acctually a really good idea

Warnerade
02-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Motoracer13
I just jailbroke my iphone and there is an app where it will show you where all the iphones are. Doesnt say which one is whos but its still pretty scary. Its the goverment. They're watching, tracking our movements trying to figure out a way to make the human race lazier. That way we sleep more and learn less. The less informed we are the less we notice that they are taking more of our freedoms. everyone who read that just lost 5 IQ points.

Motoracer13
02-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Sure make jokes but this is the same goverment that has made it illegal for dealers to sell a dirtbike or atv under 125cc's. But hey its OK cause obama is gonna pay for my house and my car.

Warnerade
02-21-2009, 07:31 PM
the only joke here is your personality, or lack of...

I wish there was a GPS service I could use...I really wanna know if all those stories about my sister are true...

Ralph
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Motoracer13
Sure make jokes but this is the same goverment that has made it illegal for dealers to sell a dirtbike or atv under 125cc's. But hey its OK cause obama is gonna pay for my house and my car.

Do you know why ATV's and Dirtbikes for kids 12 and under are illegal to be sold now and when that was signed. Where they specifically targeted?

Ralph
02-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
the only joke here is your personality, or lack of...

I really wanna know if all those stories about my sister are true...

PM Sent :D