PDA

View Full Version : idle speed

yfz27
02-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I have a 90 that has a Keihin pwk 28mm carb. I can't get the idle speed to come down at all. The idle is so high the bike wants to start moving with no rider on. I've turned the idle screw in both directions but it won't change. Which way am I supposed to turn it to drop the rpms. Anything else that could be wrong? thanks

Nichols Atvs
02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
look in side the carb i think you will find that the throtle cable is to tight and holding the carb open loosen it up at the conections on top of the carb or up before the thumb lever.

snowbalz
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
If you just put this carb on for the first time check that the slide is in correctly. There is a groove on one side of the slide that needs to ride on the nipple inside the slide housing. make sure the slide goes all the way to the bottom.

yfz27
02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Nichols you nailed it. Loosened the throttle cable at the bars and the idle dropped, but now the quad won't move untill you rev the heck out of it. Do you think this could be a clutching issue or could jetting be to blame? I'm still not getting any response from the idle screw.