PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about racing in a GNCC race this year

elmer91
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
This year i have decided i want to try a GNCC race. i went to one a few years ago, and saw how much fun it looked, and now that i have my 400ex, i want to try it.

I have a question about the tracks. I would be going to the Spartan, in Sparta KY, if it wasnt for them not going there this year. the 3 closest for me now are The Ironman in Crawsfordsville IN, the Wiseco John Penton in Millfield, OH, and the ITP Power Line Park in St. Clairsville, OH. which of these tracks do you all who race like the most? I know the Ironman is a challenge, which i wouldnt mind, but i think i would rather race another event first before trying that one.

cletusEX
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I've only race Millfield and St. Clairsville and like both those tracks a lot. Both can get real nasty if it rains!:p St. Clairsville always seems to be a little bit more wide open. Always wanted to hit the Ironman but hunting season and weddings have got in the way the last few years. Any of those tracks would be a good time!

XCRacer236
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Go to IRONMAN. last year i raced in it for my first national EVER, on a STOCK raptor 350 in the PM race, and had NO problems what so ever.

05LSR250R
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
IRONMAN!!!!! Everyone should run that race at least once before they die!! Goodtimes to be had!!!

elmer91
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
thanks. i will be running the ironman.

Now, what should i do for training? i know i should ride as much as possible. but what else could i do?

ricksmx865
02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
cycle, rowing, running

eat well, plenty of water

just for starters

elmer91
02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
ok. i plan on doing a lot of biking. is there a certain part of the body i should focus on? arms, legs, or what? this is going to be a whole new experience, i ride, but nothing to fast, we normally have some slow people on utilities in the group.

Robin Hood
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by elmer91
ok. i plan on doing a lot of biking. is there a certain part of the body i should focus on? arms, legs, or what? this is going to be a whole new experience, i ride, but nothing to fast, we normally have some slow people on utilities in the group.

Arms legs and BACK. If you find yourself standing up mostly through when you ride, you'll need a strong back. My arms and legs don't tire out much anymore but after an hour and a half my back is killing me.