PDA

View Full Version : Moly coating head

dober250R
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Do you recommend moly coating the cylinder head before or after I get it ported and put new valve seats in it?

Pappy
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
It really doesnt matter to much, me having it before helps me out a little because I know the head will be washed completely AFTER the machine work is done.

The only draw back is if the machinist is rough with the parts or is a clumsy dude and drops it:p

The positive of me doing it first is that I can full coat the head inside and out

dober250R
02-18-2009, 02:05 PM
if this head was going on your quad, what would you, pappy do? The head will be travelling to rage for the port job....

Pappy
02-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Rage are good people, they shouldnt screw it up. Send it here, then i will send it to Rage so it will save ya a few bucks in shipping

dober250R
02-18-2009, 08:43 PM
alright, I'll let you know when I ship it.... I still have to get the valves out. I'll have some other goodies to ship you also...:D

dober250R
03-13-2009, 11:13 AM
pappy,

Valves are officially out of the cylinder head and i'm ready to split my cases. Do I need to take out the cylinder studs, or can I leave them in? Also, on the clutch side, I took out the water pump bearing and mechanical seal. Was I supposed to leave the pressed in sheet metal part in the clutch cover? I looked up the fiche and didn't see this part listed :ermm: I have a whole box of goodies i'm shipping out next week..... My theme on this bike is black, everything I send with either be gloss black powdercoat or black moly coated.

Pappy
03-13-2009, 11:17 AM
sounds like youre all set with what youve described