PDA

View Full Version : Shock Rebuild...?

screaminta
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Hello, I am looking to get my shocks rebuilt on my current bike. (86R) I have a set of works triple rate w/resevoirs setup for 180lb. I am about 160 w/gear. I want to get them rebuilt for my style and weight because currently they are not up to par. I was wondering if it would be possible to convert these into ZPS style shocks? My buddy has a z400 with ZPS elkas and I love the way it handles. My only concern is that I ride aggressive trails mostly with some mx mixed in. Will the ZPS hurt me? I was looking at derisi millenim kit for my front instead of a zps conversion...what do you guys think about one versus the other? Also, my rear is stock rebuilt by TCS for 180lbs this is also very bouncy in the back when going over harsh areas, sometimes to the point where it starts to bounce side to side and gets hairy!! What can/should I do about this when gettin rebuilt? Let me know thanks!!!

Honda 250r 001
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
your rear shock is prolly blown or has no oil in it. if it gets bouncy. try takin the spring off your shock and compress the shock and see if it is very easy to push. if it is then its blown.

jcs003
02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
send your works, to "works" the rear could be done by pro-action. they are the most reasonable.