PDA

View Full Version : G21

TNRHINO
02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I was thinking abot getting a Glock G21. i was just wanting to get your guys input about these handguns. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Pappy
02-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Excellent firearm!

Ive have a G19,G22, G35 and love them all. The G22 is my carry weapon now, and has replaced my beloved 1911's:p

Just be sure to get a holster with a safety lock(takes no more time to draw then without once you have trained with it) A Glock and a wheel gun can be grabbed and used on you by anyone....only drawback I have ever encountered. Without a typical safety, the extra seconds a safety may provide from a snatch and grab can save your life, but thats something fopr you to decide upon if it will be purchased for carry.

TNRHINO
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I was looking at G21 and G30. I think i am going to get the G30. i will be getting my carry permit in a few weeks. I think G30 will be better to carry. I was looking at G19 but heaven forbid if I did have to shoot at some one i just want to shoot just one time. I know some people who crazy about 9mm's but I would rather have the power of the .45 . I know it will cost more to target shoot but at leat the power is there if need be.

Pappy
02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I like the .40...its a tad lighter to carry (weapon, full mags plus 2 full mags

If you read any of the FBI reports, the .40 is a stopper, especially when loaded with good self defense ammo. It offers more round capacity as well and out performs the 9mm in one shot kill according to gathered data.

I have seen people hit with a 9mm....Ive also seen them hit with a .40 and .45. The difference is unreal

Pappy
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Oh and dont forget....45 ammo tends to vary wildly in how it feeds. The Glock will normally eat anything, but can be finicky as well. (Nothing a trip to a good gunsmith usually cant cure as it is usually a feed ramp issue)

TNRHINO
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Pappy how do you like your G35. I will not be a competion shooter by no means. I was just wondering how it stacks up against your G22.

Pappy
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
The G35 is a tack driver. I shot alot of competition with it, steel match and bowling pin and loved it. If I come after you with that weapon, you are indeed in a bad situation:p

The G22 is meant to double tap someone at 3 yards. It does this very well. It is acurate beyond what I can do with it at 25 and 50 yards and i put my personal defense in its reliabilty daily.

TNRHINO
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Well Pappy I ordered the G30. I am pumped about it. What kind of holster do you use for your's. Went to my gun store here in town to order it. My wife went with me when we told them both us would be using it they gave some funny looks. They thought she would not be able to handle it. Well long story short we went downstairs to their indoor range. She showed them it would not be a problem. 15M 10 shoots 2 1/4" pattern. Needless to say thet did not bring up the can she handle it anymore lol...

Pappy
02-19-2009, 01:49 PM
www.blackhawk.com

I use the model that has the safety (retention holster) get a good sturdy belt as well, most regular leather belts are not enough to carry and make sure the belt buckle is strong.

Post some pics when you get it in!

TNRHINO
02-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Sorry Pappy I told you wrong. She shoot a 2 1/4" pattern at 10 yards not 15meters. She was using a Taurus .45 they had laying around. When it comes in i will post up some pics. I ordered it with the factory installed night sight's saved me about $70.00 ording it that way. What kind of rounds would you recommened for target shooting?

Pappy
02-20-2009, 06:47 AM
230 grain ball ammo for practice

Then try out a few different rounds for defense. If it will feed golddots then that is my choice, or winchester talons if you can find anyone who has a stash of them for sale.(SXT's I believe were the replacement for them after the talons were deemed"racially named...lol) Federal offers a bunch of types etc.

The biggest thing with any 45 is finding a round that reliably feeds through the weapon. A plain old 230 round nose FMJ will put an end to a problem, but I like something that adds a period to the point I am making

:chinese: :devil:

TNRHINO
03-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey Pappy when my G30 came in I was holding it and fit my hand horrible. So while I was there I tried a Springfield XD. WOW is all I can say it fit mt hand perfectly. So yesterday I ordered XD 40 service model in the bi-tone. I also picked up a nice little pocket jewel for my wife a S&W 642. She has no idea though. She has been wanting one of those to carry in her purse. They both will be in this coming Monday. I will try to post some pics Tuesday if I get a chance.

ZeroLogic
03-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I was looking at pistols last weekend acutally. I was about to buy a Springfield 1911 in .45. It was only 630 bucks brand new. I'm kicking myself in the *** cause of it.:ermm:

TNRHINO
03-27-2009, 08:46 AM
That is a good deal. You should have jumped on it. I got my XD for 529.00 out the door. They cut me a good deal since I spent a small war pension there lol!! Two guns and LOTS of ammo. One of best friends just bought a Kimber .45 . To rich for my blood!!

Pappy
03-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by TNRHINO
Hey Pappy when my G30 came in I was holding it and fit my hand horrible. So while I was there I tried a Springfield XD. WOW is all I can say it fit mt hand perfectly. So yesterday I ordered XD 40 service model in the bi-tone. I also picked up a nice little pocket jewel for my wife a S&W 642. She has no idea though. She has been wanting one of those to carry in her purse. They both will be in this coming Monday. I will try to post some pics Tuesday if I get a chance.

Very cool. Ive stated repeatedly over the years to get a weapon that fits you and feels comfortable to you. I had trouble for years running a full size 45 with one hand, my hands are big but not long.

Glad to see you keeping the wife involved, now go find another person to intoduce to the sport! Thats the only way we will survive:p

mod440ex
03-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by TNRHINO
That is a good deal. You should have jumped on it. I got my XD for 529.00 out the door. They cut me a good deal since I spent a small war pension there lol!! Two guns and LOTS of ammo. One of best friends just bought a Kimber .45 . To rich for my blood!!
i wanna get one of the xd sub compact for my ccw. my dad has his ffl so if he can find one i should be able to get for around 430-440.

RUTHLESS
04-02-2009, 01:43 AM
GLOCKS ARE FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE

MY 2 CENTS

I ROLL WITH A RUGER P95 9MM
IT HAS SOME WORKS MODS
BUT I WILL SAY IF YOU THINK A 9MM
WILL NOT DROP AN INTRUDER OR A APPROACHING REDNECK, LOL
I HAVE A DANK MAG THAT
WILL GIVE YOU 35 REASONS TO THINK AGAIN
IF A MIRACLE HAPPENS
THEN I PULL THE PEPPERBOX
IF YOU HAVE A VEST OR SOME ARMOR
I HAVE A BUSSE THAT WILL 100%
PISS ON YOUR DAY

'STUGATS'

"BURN DUST"
"EAT MY RUBBER"

RUTHLESS
04-02-2009, 01:48 AM
??????????????

mod440ex
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
my dad has one of those in his counter at his shop. they are good guns, i was looking at their new sr9.