PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Bay-Land Between the Lakes, KY

quadfamof6
02-18-2009, 06:47 AM
We are wanting to take our family here this summer. Anyone rode there? What do you think of it? Also, we will be camping, any one camped there as well?

Bill Fuller
02-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Live about an hour away. You should call before you come down. Last I heard Turkey Bay is closed due to the recent ice storm. Camping is primative, no elec or water. Camp fires are permitted aslong as it's in a ring. Terrain is rocky and will eat a tire in a minute, bring plugs and spares. Lots of good trails non directional. If it's dry then expect DUSTY conditions, if it rains it can be a real big mud hole. 15 dollars for a 3 day pass or 60 for the year. Any vehicle that's on the trails needs a permit.

smr
02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
like Bill I live about an hour west.

If you like primitive camping then Turkey bay is fine. If you want something nicer then I would sugest camping at energy lake and trailering in everyday. (it's about a 20 minute drive) It's a really nice camp ground with lots of things to do.

Also lake Barkley is a nice camp ground and they let you ride the quads around the campground to the showers (must ride slow and stay on the pavement).

As for coming in the summer, it's OK but the best riding is spring and late fall. After memorial day it gets real dusty.