PDA

View Full Version : M700 sps

ZeroLogic
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone own this rifle? I brought it as a new target rifle a around a month or so ago. What reloads do you guys use? Right now I'm using Hornady Match grade 52 Grain bullets. At 200 yards on a windy day I was getting 1 inch groups. I heard that the Sierras get even tighter groups.

Pappy
02-18-2009, 12:25 PM

55 grain nosler balistic tips, 24 grains of H335 (I will have to verify that number , i'm going off memory)

At 200 yards I can place 5 shots cutting a nice ragged little hole through my Remington Sendero. At 100 yards it will put 5 rounds into a hole you would swear was one 30 caliber round:p

At 600 yards, less then 1 1/2 groups

Lower your trigger to around 2 lbs pull and practice. Cody can shoot as well as me, and has been shooting out to 600 yards since he was 6.

ZeroLogic
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

55 grain nosler balistic tips, 24 grains of H335 (I will have to verify that number , i'm going off memory)

At 200 yards I can place 5 shots cutting a nice ragged little hole through my Remington Sendero. At 100 yards it will put 5 rounds into a hole you would swear was one 30 caliber round:p

At 600 yards, less then 1 1/2 groups

Lower your trigger to around 2 lbs pull and practice. Cody can shoot as well as me, and has been shooting out to 600 yards since he was 6.

I'm going to send out the rifle to a Hart for the accurizing package, [http://www.rwhart.com/html/services.html] this fall when money is a little better. Me and my father lowerd my trigger as low as it can go but the trigger is housed in.

I gotta get use to the rifle more though. I just wanted to check out and see if anyone was using Sierras just to make sure what I heard was correct. I can't recall the type of powder I was using though.

My Kimber in .308 at 100 yards with a fixed Weaver scope I can get a round almost in the same hole as the last. :p

Man, I though 200 yards was a far shot but 600 is just nuts! Props to you guys. :macho

Pappy
02-18-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL..600 yards to 1000 yards with open sights...now thats fun;) I havent shot those distances in years, doubt my eyesight is up to it and my musle memory and breathing skills have long since been put on the back burner. I still wouldnt want to be the one standing out there if I took the shot tho:D

ZeroLogic
02-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LOL..600 yards to 1000 yards with open sights...now thats fun;) I havent shot those distances in years, doubt my eyesight is up to it and my musle memory and breathing skills have long since been put on the back burner. I still wouldnt want to be the one standing out there if I took the shot tho:D

I'll be behind the barrel.:p