PDA

View Full Version : new purchase

400exrider720
02-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok so here is the deal. i have $2000 to spend and need some opinions. would you guys rather have an 04 polaris predator 500 Troy Lee edition or an 02 Bombardier DS650? I ride mainly trails. The 650 has tons of ground clearance but seems wide.

kellymi
02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
If your mainly doing trail riding I would say the Predator.

BamBam730
02-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I would make the choice on how comfortable you feel riding them. What I mean is that if you are a big guy the 650 is the way to go. Plenty of power, reliable and the ergonomics are fenominal for anyone 6 foot and above. I own one and have never regreted it.

hotshotgoal30
02-18-2009, 06:56 AM
for the sake of argument i have ridden both machines they are both nice especially if your picking one up for 2 grand you cant go wrong either way if they are in good shape. but honestly i would go with the DS650. not because you in a can-am forum but because im a bigger guy like stated above and its more stable more comfortable for me. Plus its a 650 and they haul a**.. seriously even more than a raptor. but like i said the predator is a nice machine as well. i would check up on a few things though on the predator. i cant recall exzactly but i know they had some problems in the early years. the one thing i didnt like about the predator is the tank and the way it makes you sit on the seat. its got kind of like a hump to it. but id say sit on em ride them see what you like

joeyds450x
02-18-2009, 07:29 AM
i had a ds650 before my ds450 and i loved it im not that big im only 6' at 180lbs and i could handle the machine rly well has lots of power every where and a pipe does wonders! ive rode a preditor that had a big gun full exhaust system and it was insane alot more power than stock but like hotshot said the seats are funny, either you are too close to the tank or you are too far back... id say if you can get a ds650 for 2 grand then go for it you will not be dissapointed..its like driving a cadilac LOL