PDA

View Full Version : BRP Announces Can-Am X-Team DS 450 Racer Support Program

GE4x4
02-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I just read this from atvsource;

BRP Announces Can-Am X-Team DS 450 Racer Support Program
Support Offers At Least $3,000 In Benefits, 75% Parts Discount, Factory Race Tips And More

Valcourt, Québec, February 17, 2009 – Amateur racers who ride the Can-Am™ DS 450™ EFI ATV now have unprecedented access to factory racing support thanks to the 2009 Can-Am X-Team DS 450 Racer Support Program. No matter the race series and no matter the class, amateur DS 450 racers can apply through any authorized Can-Am dealer and receive factory support upon racer approval.

“This is just one of the ways Can-Am is standing behind its racers,” says Bernard Guy, Director of Marketing, Can-Am ATVs. “We proved last season the DS 450 is competitive at the professional level and now we want to extend support to everyone who chooses to race a DS 450. We feel if someone who is considering a race ATV brand, this program makes it an easy decision; race a DS 450 and you will have the factory standing behind you."

A racer who is approved, and purchases a DS 450 in the program timeframe, will receive a one-year Can-Am X-Team Membership card with unique racer ID giving access to a $1,000 racer discount on any new or unused 2008 DS 450 or a $500 on any new or unused 2009 model and a $1,000 X-Team Racer parts account. The approved racer will also receive a FREE X-Team Stage 1 Racing kit (up to a $1,000 value). This kit (Racing Engine Control Module, Motoworks SR4 aluminum slip-on silencer, and other factory-developed racing items) brings the crank horsepower of the DS 450 to 50 hp – an improvement of 11 percent on stock – while considerably increasing low end torque.

Approved racers will also receive a significant discount on specific Can-Am X-Team Performance Packages. Four performance packages are available to further customize the DS 450 (other than X mx and X xc models) to specific racing applications, and they are offered at an unbelievable 75 percent off MSRP to approved racers. From KYB shock packages to 50-inch widening kits; these performance packages have been race-tested with winning results:

MX 50"
This kit contains +2" MX (motocross) racing A-arms, caster and camber adjustable by 1° increments, with extended tie-rods and brake lines, as well as a racing-specific hollow rear axle adjustable from 46" to 50" by 1" increments. ($1,400 retail value; $349.98 racer price)

MX 50" KYB Shock
Consists of a pair of KYB HPG C40 aluminum piggyback front shocks and one KYB HPG C46 aluminum remote reservoir rear shock. Shocks are Kashima-coated for lower friction, with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and come complete with racing spring set-up. Mated with the MX 50" package, this kit provides 10.7" of travel and an optimal 7" ride height for MX racing. ($2,300 retail value; $574.98 racer price)

XC 46" KYB Shock
Package consists of a pair of KYB HPG C36 aluminum piggyback front shocks and one KYB HPG C40 aluminum piggyback rear shock. Shocks come with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and complete with racing spring set-up. Mated with the standard DS 46" width, this kit provides 9.6" of front travel, 10.5" of rear travel and an optimal 7.5" ride height for XC (cross-country) racing. ($1,500 retail value; $374.98 racer price)

Steering stem and handlebars
Package includes an extra-strength extended 1" steering stem with anti-vibe mounts and an aluminum 6061-T6 taper-profile handlebars with square pad. This package is recommended for racing with all 2008 and 2009 DS 450 standard and 2008 DS 450 X package models. ($300 retail value; $74.98 racer price)

Moreover, racers will not only have access to more than 1 million dollars in race contingency in 11 national and regional racing series, but approved X-Team racers winning a class championship will be featured on advertising in the pages of ATV Insider magazine and on many racing websites. This can launch a career and get sponsors to notice!

Last but not least, X-Team racers will be notified by the Can-Am Racing department if important racing tips become available during the 2009 season.

Full details of the program and more race information can be found at www.can-am.brp.com or www.can-amxteam.com.

The only thing I don't know, is there anything for guys who all ready have the 450???:confused:

GE4x4
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Looks like from the web site, those who own a 450 now can still join. You just fill out the forms and bring to your dealer.

ProspectorJim
02-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Who else is going to fill these out? I am, I know I'm most likely not going to get chosen, but what can it hurt?

Can-am really is stepping the sport up a bit.

bugmenot2
02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
A racer who is approved, and purchases a DS 450 in the program timeframe, will receive a one-year Can-Am X-Team Membership card with unique racer ID giving access to a $1,000 racer discount on any new or unused 2008 DS 450 or a $500 on any new or unused 2009 model and a $1,000 X-Team Racer parts account.

Pretty sure that means you have to buy one from a dealer and if you already have one you are SOL.

ProspectorJim
02-17-2009, 08:49 PM
No, if you go on the can-am x team site and read all the forms, it makes it clear that buying a new bike is optional. If you don't buy one you still get everything else offered.

GE4x4
02-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by bugmenot2
Pretty sure that means you have to buy one from a dealer and if you already have one you are SOL.

This was from there racing web site.

AMATEUR RACING SUPPORT
The Can-Am X-Team DS 450 EFI Amateur Racer Program is the closest thing to a full factory support!

Are you an amateur racer interested in racing a Can-Am DS 450 this season? Or are you currently racing a DS 450? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then, it's time for you to submit a Can-Am X-Team DS 450 EFI Amateur Racer Program application through your local Can-Am dealer. Upon Can-Am approval as an amateur racer, you will receive a Can-Am X-Team Membership card with a unique Racer ID giving you access to a host of benefits

bugmenot2
02-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, but if you download the pdf from the link, it has almost the exact same paragraph in it, but without the part about "already racing a DS 450." My guess is someone screwed up because the release and the form lead me to believe the current owners can't participate.

ProspectorJim
02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by bugmenot2
Yeah, but if you download the pdf from the link, it has almost the exact same paragraph in it, but without the part about "already racing a DS 450." My guess is someone screwed up because the release and the form lead me to believe the current owners can't participate.

It also confused me until I went searching on the x team site.

TNT
02-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I just read this from atvsource;

BRP Announces Can-Am X-Team DS 450 Racer Support Program
Support Offers At Least $3,000 In Benefits, 75% Parts Discount, Factory Race Tips And More

Valcourt, Québec, February 17, 2009 – Amateur racers who ride the Can-Am™ DS 450™ EFI ATV now have unprecedented access to factory racing support thanks to the 2009 Can-Am X-Team DS 450 Racer Support Program. No matter the race series and no matter the class, amateur DS 450 racers can apply through any authorized Can-Am dealer and receive factory support upon racer approval.

“This is just one of the ways Can-Am is standing behind its racers,” says Bernard Guy, Director of Marketing, Can-Am ATVs. “We proved last season the DS 450 is competitive at the professional level and now we want to extend support to everyone who chooses to race a DS 450. We feel if someone who is considering a race ATV brand, this program makes it an easy decision; race a DS 450 and you will have the factory standing behind you."

A racer who is approved, and purchases a DS 450 in the program timeframe, will receive a one-year Can-Am X-Team Membership card with unique racer ID giving access to a $1,000 racer discount on any new or unused 2008 DS 450 or a $500 on any new or unused 2009 model and a $1,000 X-Team Racer parts account. The approved racer will also receive a FREE X-Team Stage 1 Racing kit (up to a $1,000 value). This kit (Racing Engine Control Module, Motoworks SR4 aluminum slip-on silencer, and other factory-developed racing items) brings the crank horsepower of the DS 450 to 50 hp – an improvement of 11 percent on stock – while considerably increasing low end torque.

Approved racers will also receive a significant discount on specific Can-Am X-Team Performance Packages. Four performance packages are available to further customize the DS 450 (other than X mx and X xc models) to specific racing applications, and they are offered at an unbelievable 75 percent off MSRP to approved racers. From KYB shock packages to 50-inch widening kits; these performance packages have been race-tested with winning results:

MX 50"
This kit contains +2" MX (motocross) racing A-arms, caster and camber adjustable by 1° increments, with extended tie-rods and brake lines, as well as a racing-specific hollow rear axle adjustable from 46" to 50" by 1" increments. ($1,400 retail value; $349.98 racer price)

MX 50" KYB Shock
Consists of a pair of KYB HPG C40 aluminum piggyback front shocks and one KYB HPG C46 aluminum remote reservoir rear shock. Shocks are Kashima-coated for lower friction, with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and come complete with racing spring set-up. Mated with the MX 50" package, this kit provides 10.7" of travel and an optimal 7" ride height for MX racing. ($2,300 retail value; $574.98 racer price)

XC 46" KYB Shock
Package consists of a pair of KYB HPG C36 aluminum piggyback front shocks and one KYB HPG C40 aluminum piggyback rear shock. Shocks come with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and complete with racing spring set-up. Mated with the standard DS 46" width, this kit provides 9.6" of front travel, 10.5" of rear travel and an optimal 7.5" ride height for XC (cross-country) racing. ($1,500 retail value; $374.98 racer price)

Steering stem and handlebars
Package includes an extra-strength extended 1" steering stem with anti-vibe mounts and an aluminum 6061-T6 taper-profile handlebars with square pad. This package is recommended for racing with all 2008 and 2009 DS 450 standard and 2008 DS 450 X package models. ($300 retail value; $74.98 racer price)

Moreover, racers will not only have access to more than 1 million dollars in race contingency in 11 national and regional racing series, but approved X-Team racers winning a class championship will be featured on advertising in the pages of ATV Insider magazine and on many racing websites. This can launch a career and get sponsors to notice!

Last but not least, X-Team racers will be notified by the Can-Am Racing department if important racing tips become available during the 2009 season.

Full details of the program and more race information can be found at www.can-am.brp.com or www.can-amxteam.com.

The only thing I don't know, is there anything for guys who all ready have the 450???:confused:

I tried the first link and can't find the forms, second link I get an error. Can someone tell me where the forms/details on the first link are?

GE4x4
02-18-2009, 06:41 AM
http://www.canamxteam.com/NR/rdonlyres/2BDA09B8-F8BD-4F71-896B-9BA79BE7CAB4/0/Racer_Support_Program_Form_USA_20090202.pdf

maticus
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
dang that makes me want to get a can-am really bad. i was kinda on the fence but now im digging it.

kellymi
02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Anyone know of anyway to find out if this applys to people like me who have already bought one.

TNT
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
I own a 09 only way to find out is submit the forms to BRP as I did today. I got more to say on this subject tomorrow, quads got me tired right now, lol!

ProspectorJim
02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
The way I read it, the discount on buying a ds is more of an incentive for racers on other machines to switch to can-am, and it is not required to buy a new one if you already have a ds.

TNT
02-19-2009, 06:21 AM
That’s correct! I see these programs as trying to accomplish a few things, sales(new, used, parts(OEM and after market), technical support, advertisement, and racer support. For the racer-non-owner you can get into these quad and w/perks/benefits such as race team factory support, free apparel and accessories, contingencies, racing tips, free pipe/ race ECM upgrade/louvers, etc, even a talent promo to get you in magazines. Nice! For the racer-owner BRP's is to provide racer support, they want these quads winning races so apply. In either case, your level of factory support will depend on your application just like any other OEM. There's even support for the rec rider in these programs so apply.

What Can-Am has done by these programs is put the DS at the forefront of the industry. This quad has been marked down by factory support programs allowing room for customizing mods to beat out the competition, dollar for dollar this quad beats the competition by far! BRP at the same time will promote the quad on many different levels. Now all eyes will be on BRP, we will see an influx of after market rider support since sales volume will increase, more volume drops prices across the board, that will benefit non-owner and owners, I have already seen this happening.

Now everyone apply…get your free canopy's, rig wraps, t-shirts, quad graphics, jerseys, etc…..your dealer will be given factory co-op money and they must submit your application. I can't wait to get a BIG wrap for my rig with BRP, Can Am, our number & pic, sponsors, it will look great!!! …that and our free tank graphics are already in the making. When it's done I'll post some pics.

Thanks GE4X4 for the PDF.

TNT
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Bump!

kellymi
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I gave mine to the dealer. Hope they send it in. Decided it doesn't hurt to try. I wonder how long it takes to get a response.

IOWAracer
03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I printed this off bout a week ago i think and took it to my dealer who turned around and called his rep and asked and said i HAD to buy another quad no questions asked so i have another dealer north of me and im gonna call them tomorrow and ask!

TNT1 im out of st joe can you help me out with ur dealer?

Broc

Blizzard24
03-06-2009, 04:25 AM
I am hoping this isnt the case that you would have to buy ANOTHER DS450 to be eligible, Can Am needs to support the racers that already own one. I sent mine in last week, we shall see :rolleyes:

TNT
03-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Agree Blizzard, my dealer is working to get us in the program for a few items; they are being told it's for new purchases. What’s ironic is my dealer can't buy the race team parts like injector's and heavy duty clutch springs. BRP puts programs together but has no dealer tie to the race products they are promoting? Well not yet anyway...Lets hope for the best! They do need to support their current racers, especially the ones that can put their quads on the podium. I told my dealer the BRP and Race team site conflicted in that the race team site said current owners are eligible.

Were supposed to get an answer within 10 days, but I think these guys have a few decisions to make and bugs to work out.

I'll call and get a status today and let you guys know.

Ask your dealer about co-op money, some like mine that have high sales volume and a good BRP score have access to co-op money for free trailer wraps and tank graphics, advertising. We got that before these programs came out, but again we are riding for our dealer and negotiated a big sponsorship with them before we made the purchase. I'm thinking that’s the future as these quads become more pro-production race ready, dealer sponsorships. We don't have half as many after market sponsors on board since we are good with the stock arms, stem, plastic, etc....

xrxmxcx
03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I just purchased a 2008 DS450 under this program and received the rebate, parts, and parts incentives that it offers! The only thing is this only applies to new/unused 2008/2009 DS450's bought from the dealer!

Like TNT1 said, it is based on your background, and is not for the everyday trail rider looking to save money!

yamdoo317
03-09-2009, 04:38 AM
i have send this e-mail to can-am x-tean departement :

Is it the same race application for the french canadien racer that the race application on the can-am x-team site ?
If i have already my can-am ds 450 x 2008 , can i apply on this racer support program ??

and this is the answer:

Thank you for your interest in the Can-Am ATV Racer Support Program.
Unfortunately, the benefits offered in this Program are only available at the purchase of a new and unused DS 450 model, after approval of the application and within the promotion dates. The Program does not apply to units already sold and registered.

Thanks for your comprehension,
Can-Am ATV Racing.

mhill157
03-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Why can"t they setup a race department for use like they do for the snocross racers. For the sleds you just order the parts at a dealer and brp's computers so the rest. Half the time the parts would come quicker from the race dept. then the normal warehouse.

nate450x
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Good news to all of us who already own a DS and plan on racing it this year. I just got off the phone with my dealer (Valley ATV, great people by the way!!!) and he said that he talked to the rep. about me wanting to race in thier program. The rep. told him that they (BRP) had a huge conference about the program and they are seriously considering offering the incentives to people who already own a quad and want to race it!!! It is not definite yet but I do know that as soon as the rep. knows anything he will contact me and my dealer. So keep your hopes up!!!!

Hope to have more info for ya soon!!!

TNT
03-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Well thats good news...Lets hope they iron out the bugs to where dealers can get some of the race team products too.