PDA

View Full Version : leatte question

02-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Im getting a leatte this week. From what i understand, the only difference between the cheapest one and the next level up is adjustability. I race basically every weekend, so i would like for it to be comfortable. Is the price difference worth getting the more expensive one? Or does anyone use the cheap one and feel okay with it?

JParisi48
02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
i have the cheaper one and it works great, i forget i have it on sometimes, i like it some other people dont, and i dont think that the more expensive one is worth it, they both do the same job..

250r rider 88
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by JParisi48
i have the cheaper one and it works great, i forget i have it on sometimes, i like it some other people dont, and i dont think that the more expensive one is worth it, they both do the same job..

but by cheaper you need to clarify if you have the new $200 dollar one or the $400 dollar one,

i have the Leatt Club, i would get this if you are racing alot, the GPX just has some carbon fiber and weighs a little less, not worth the extra $200,

also the $200 adventure is not adjustable and im not a firm believer in it yet

invest in the $400 club and you will be set for life

quad2xtreme
02-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I would go for the $400 too. I have the $600 but it was the only one that was available when I first got mine. I couldn't wait a few more months for the cheaper one.

I won't ride without one. If I forgot it, I would turn around and go home.

wvspeedfreak
02-17-2009, 06:04 PM
I would go with the $400 (club) one too.That is what I bought for my son and I am planning on buying myself one before we start riding this year.

bradley300
02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
i talked to the EVS guy @ the dealer show, and he has me sold on thier neck brace. its adjustable, and flexes to slow down the impact, and its much wider at the shoulders to help spread the impact

KXRida
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i talked to the EVS guy @ the dealer show, and he has me sold on thier neck brace. its adjustable, and flexes to slow down the impact, and its much wider at the shoulders to help spread the impact

ofcourse he'll try to sell you an evs. No spinal protection though like the leatt. The leatt is still a smaller, non-restrictive, brace. More comfortable to me. I don't like things sitting on/covering my shoulders. I'm very picky with CP's, so that's why I run the sentinel. The EVS also, does not offer nearly as much anterior flexion protection as the leatt. Both however protect moderately from axial loading (downward spinal compression), hyperflexion, and lateral neck movements. I'll still stand and swear by my leatt club after my back breaking crash. After looking at the Xrays and consulting with multiple doctor's, we have pretty much determined that the leatt did infact protect me from much further injury/a potential spinal cord injury which would bring up the thought of paralysis. Scary stuff. I'm another leatt believer. If you have the time, read the article that I had published in TWMX in the october issue.

mx428
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I need money I have 3 leatts i will sell for cheap. 1 $600 one and 2 $400 ones. PM me with an offer if you're interested

wvspeedfreak
02-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Pm sent.

400EX Stud
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Alpine stars now has one. A guy brought one to the shop today. They look really good

KXRida
02-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by 400EX Stud
Alpine stars now has one. A guy brought one to the shop today. They look really good

A few of my friends have them as well. Look good, but not that impressed with them for the price tag. Doesn't offer as much lateral neck protection to the leatt. Also, the bottom member is made of a styrofoam type stuff that breaks rather easily. My buddy's some how managed to be broken off in his gear bag which required the brace to be sent to alpinestars and when all is said and done, pay around an $80 repair fee. I'll still take my leatt club. As of now, it's your best option for the money.

ds450racer
02-19-2009, 06:42 AM
I have an a star one. imo there nor different to ride with. The only real difference i can see is that the a star sits a lot more above the collar bone than the leatt does.