PDA

View Full Version : Raptor are 400EX ?!?!?!?!?!

foxracingboy
12-23-2002, 09:42 PM
What do yall think would be best for TT racing , are XC racing ???
Caus i been looking around i'm going to trade in my Rancher and want one of them 2 and want to race i would rather rac XC but what do yall think would be best?

Ryan
12-23-2002, 09:45 PM
:huh Learn to spell. Anyways a 400ex would be better in almost all the catagories except power. 400ex will give you better handling/suspenion and the raptor will have alittle more power. Nothing a few mods can't fix.

2fastandfurious
12-23-2002, 09:51 PM
Hey, we can still send him a dictionary UPS right?

VooDuu Child
12-23-2002, 11:52 PM
Learn to spell. Anyways a 400ex would be better in almost all the catagories except power. 400ex will give you better handling/suspenion and the raptor will have alittle more power. Nothing a few mods can't fix.

Before you start calling people on their spelling, you had better check your own. Oh yes, and don't even get me started with your grammar usage. hehehe

Davids440ex
12-24-2002, 01:04 AM
the only racing raptors are good for are desert there to top heavy for any other racing

01TRX300EX
12-24-2002, 11:17 AM
I don't know, I have seen some Raptors around here with very few mods compared to the 400EX's and they were absolutely kicking @ss, the 400EX's were so far back it wasn't even funny, the one C-dale that was out there was the only one able to keep up with him, and beat him. I don't think it had to much to do with rider either since the guy didnt look more tan 18 years old at the most. But that was MX, I would say for TT I would take the Raptor since either quad you get your gonna have to lower anyways, and when you do the Raptor will have more power, for XC then I might take the 400EX, depends on the track, tight-400EX fast-Raptor, JMO.

exriderdude
12-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 01TRX300EX
I don't know, I have seen some Raptors around here with very few mods compared to the 400EX's and they were absolutely kicking @ss, the 400EX's were so far back it wasn't even funny, the one C-dale that was out there was the only one able to keep up with him, and beat him. I don't think it had to much to do with rider either since the guy didnt look more tan 18 years old at the most.

its all rider:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Atreyu
12-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Who cares about the guys spelling as long as you can understand it, yeah he forgot some letters but he will get better. As long as he doesent type like dead kennedys hes ok. I would go with the 400 unless you plan on riding dunes. 400 has better suspension and handling. But if your doing more TT than MX I would go with the raptor and widen it out a bit. If you've got enough money just get a 250r they are good for about anything. But this would be easier if we knew your budget too.

raptor_02
12-24-2002, 12:00 PM
BUY A CANNONDALE, THEY ARE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!!

Davids440ex
12-24-2002, 12:35 PM
dont get a raptor they have to many problems a modded 400 is the king of tt, and if you know how to ride they kick *** on the track. raptors also don't have much bottom end, and thy have lots of weak parts. Don't get a raptor!

Ryan
12-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by VooDuu Child

Before you start calling people on their spelling, you had better check your own. Oh yes, and don't even get me started with your grammar usage. hehehe

Well im not the king speller but what he wrote I had trouble understanding what he was talking about. Sometimes it wasn't even the spelling just the words like the name of the topic. "Raptor are 400ex" That kinda lost me. Oh well it doesn't matter, I was just saying :rolleyes: .

And yeah, its more the rider then the quad.

Davids440ex
12-24-2002, 01:52 PM
here go to a local race and you will see what kind of quads the use.

Here In Cen. Cal. its all honda 250r's 400ex, there is 1 shee, and 3 dale's