PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Yamaha Wolverine Mods??

jcooksey
02-17-2009, 07:42 AM
I just got a super deal on a 2006 Wolverine, took it out to the mountains in the snow and mud and had a blast! Didnt know you could have that much fun in four wheel drive I am sold on this style machine. Now the important part what mods are people doing to these machines as far as suspension, motor, clutch, and tires and wheels?
I have a tricked out Polaris Outlaw 525 as my other wheeler but looking to have fun upgrading this Wolverine.
I feel the first area I want fix is the suspension it seems awfully stiff and harsh over rocks and roots.

dr qwerty
04-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I have one in my invatory, it is my wifes, we have had it a year it is a 2006...

1. Our springs were stiff, we just adjusted and moved on...not worth spending 500+ to get upgraded ones, no yfz springs will not work.
2. You can do the basics filter, jet kit, and pipe that will open her up i am sure...
3. you want to go even faster there is a company that makes a bore kit for the wolvy i think it goes to 480cc give or take a few, i've researched it and there where a few that had it and swore it flew, i believe it....
4. we had a lot of problems with water, and its idle, quick fix for the shop at 100.00 runs great....
5. Other then that PM me for any questions you might have...