PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter sleeve

Blizzard24
02-17-2009, 04:27 AM
I have read on here about the sleeve that goes in the oil filter. I changed my filter about a week ago and then saw a post that said you need to save the sleeve. I knew I didnt so I ordered a new one, I went to put it on and there is no way this sleeve fits over the machined sleeve on the case. Do all DS450's have this sleeve or was this a mid year change? The oil filter fits snug over the machined sleeve.

When I try to put this sleev on it only fits midway on the case. Any help would be great here.

TNT
02-17-2009, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't use the sleeve if the filter fits snug without it. The manual doesn't even call out for a sleeve.

If there was a sleeve I can't understand why..they probably redesigned the filter to get rid of it.

DGS
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
There were a very few units that came out with the sleeve fitting on the case. It was early 2008 models but where changed early on in the production line. If you want i can check your model and serial number to see if you need it but i doubt it if the filter fits snug...!!

TNT
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
I went home at lunch and looked my new xtra recently ordered and it has a rubber seal insert that seats on the case.

Blizzard24
02-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DGS
There were a very few units that came out with the sleeve fitting on the case. It was early 2008 models but where changed early on in the production line. If you want i can check your model and serial number to see if you need it but i doubt it if the filter fits snug...!!

So do most require this sleeve or is this sleeve found on early production units?

I sent you a pm with my info man, if you could let me know so I have some piece of mind. The filter definitely fits snug and that sleeve will def not fit over the machined sleeve in the case.

-Thanks man -Chris

DGS
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
If your engine number is M6743466 and previous, you need the sleeve, if not then dont worry its fine, it will have the upgraded clutch cover.....

ope this helps...