PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Short track race video

QuadJunkies
02-16-2009, 10:50 PM
My kids have had the itch for weeks now to get out and ride and for the most part its just been too cold to do much all winter at home,so for the last two races of the shorttrack series, my ole man and kids went out and raced on Valentines day.

This is where most of there racing originated, but not alot of kids racing anymore aside of the little ones,so we decided a good class to put him in was the 250/300 class and make him work it ..:p

That was a tough class,especially since his motor was not built for shorttrack racing, its got a gobb of mid to top end ,but he still had a super time !
I dont think I have ever seen this track so slick and unpredictable as it was this wk end. All the riders had a tough time trying to figure out what to do with there tires.

Heres a clip-we never get enough mini videos in this section :)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsHdzHucCAc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsHdzHucCAc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

riding4fun
02-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Great video, tell Brandon good job!!

QuadJunkies
02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks ,will do :)
I wish the track was bigger so I could get an idea of how well the motor would hang with the 250 and 300's .

Reimer Racing
02-17-2009, 10:59 AM
That's so cool I wish we had a indoor track up in are area. Great passing by your boy.

You could wrap the tires in Dragon Tack to make the tires more tacky for slippery tracks. A trick I learned from some gocart friends.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Reimer Racing
That's so cool I wish we had a indoor track up in are area. Great passing by your boy.

You could wrap the tires in Dragon Tack to make the tires more tacky for slippery tracks. A trick I learned from some gocart friends.

Thanks. Whats Dragon Tack? Never heard or seen that before.
He raced for years on the shredders outon this track and the funny thing is he done better I think the race before with his bigger Razr Cross tires. lol
I think hes just used to them now is why .
:p

A good set of Class C tires would have been helpful for sure.

Reimer Racing
02-17-2009, 12:49 PM
If you are using gocart tires for the back we used to soak the tires in a product called Dragon Tack. It makes the tire very tacky. I used to soak Zacks for 2 days before we ran his mini indoors on concrete. Not sure if they still sell it.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Reimer Racing
If you are using gocart tires for the back we used to soak the tires in a product called Dragon Tack. It makes the tire very tacky. I used to soak Zacks for 2 days before we ran his mini indoors on concrete. Not sure if they still sell it.
Wow,thats cool!
The only draw back to that on this track is that its constantly changing. It used to be a harder blue grooved clay ,but since its also used for an Indoor Horse arena, they have added sand so once the knobbies come out in full force, theres goes the nice groove, and now when it does blue groove, its a sandy groove..

How do you adust to that? LOL!! :p

The karts help alot because they race in the morning and the bikes and quad race in the evening ,so the karts smooth and pack it all morning for us . :)

Logan #34's Dad
02-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Swert Video! You notice how his body english got better as he followed the one rider who was leaning more? Knowledge is power!

QuadJunkies
02-17-2009, 08:27 PM
You are so correct!
Yeah its been 3 years since hes raced the shorttrack style so he was a little green.I think he forgot . lol
He knows that on the offroad.
:p
His stock set up would have been perfect ,but it just wasnt worth all the time to set everything up for 2 nights out of the year.
The 300 spun out he race the week before so he was abit precautious since MX is gearing up soon. He was head shy tangling with a bigger quad after that.lol
something about running the smaller tires he REALLY did nto like either.. I thin he would have got more aggressive if we wouldhave left it with what he knows.

I think being the leader is awesome, but its also nice chasing him too,you learn alot from chasing the competition,thats what I think helped me anyways when I used to race.
You cant get faster if you always lead ;)
At home my kids mainly race the 450's so they usually are racing there own race .This was a nice change of pace for him.

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/101499878.jpg

Reimer Racing
02-18-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree chasing helps the kids learn more. Till the last lap. :D