PDA

View Full Version : Help me, please! Eton Viper

fishez3
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've had a 2004 Eton Viper 50 that I bought new 4 years ago. It has been sitting up in the garage for over a year. My bro-in-law asked if he could take it out for his 7 year old to ride last weekend. The battery is dead, but I told him he could if he could get it started.

He trailered it to his house and couldn't get it to start. He decided it would be a good idea to hook a 75 amp car "jump off" charger/starter to get it to crank. He did get it started and they rode it till it was out of gas.

He brought it back and I went an purchased a new battery, but now it won't even turn over (electric start) and I can't get it to crank with the kick starter. I think he fried something. The flashing LED light on the front of the Viper works when you turn the key on, but the brake lights, horn, head lights and starter don't do anything.

I rebuilt the engine about 18 months ago and don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I don't have a clue with the electrical side of one of these mini's. I've checked the fuse that attaches to the positive side of the battery and it appears to be good.

Anybody have any suggestiions or ideas as to what has happened???

Thanks!

riding4fun
02-17-2009, 05:39 AM
NOt sure, change that fuse anyways if you have one laying around. If there is a frame to engine ground check it. I know when ours came loose it would fry that fuse by the battery, took me a while to figure that one out.

etondaddy
02-17-2009, 06:42 AM
The motor does turn over with the kick start........right.

Mike Kozura

fishez3
02-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll swap the fuse out, but it doesn't appear to be blown.

Yes, the engine turns over with the kick starter. I'm not getting any spark at the plug. Fried stator maybe???

The thing I can't figure is why does the blinking LED lights on the front work, but nothing else does. Power is getting to that light somehow, but not to the tail lights, starter or horn...

How can that be???

Any other suggestions???

Thanks!

jerkyboy
02-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Check killswitch