PDA

View Full Version : arens frame

ATFISCHER
02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
kickstarter gets stuck under brake pedal.Does anyone know of a fix for this. Will a 450r pedal fit. Its looks longer.

05LSR250R
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Wheres it hangin up at? Thought those frames came with their own special brake lever.

danhung11
02-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I think it takes a cr250 brake pedal. 3121R1 would know the specific year, I bought one from him.

You need to adjust the pedal down a tad and it will solve you problem. I had the same problem.

BTW - what pipe are you running, I keep having mounting issues. Do you run custom hangers?

Thanks,
Dan

1promodfan
02-17-2009, 05:37 AM
I've got an Aren's frame as well. If I'm not mistaken it takes a brake pedal from a '92 CR250. Every now and then mine will hang up, but not really a big deal.

BTW - what pipe are you running, I keep having mounting issues. Do you run custom hangers?

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan, where are you haiving issues at? On the header pipe or on the silencer? Sometimes with the silencer you may have to get an exhaust ext. I saw some in my Nac's catalog the other night. I think its made by TM design works. I can check when I get home this evening and let ya know.

steve250r
02-17-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a '96 CR250 brake lever on the Arens frame.

My kick starter gets stuck sometimes as well, probably needs an adjustment. I'm using a Nac's kickstarter though.

the_eddy
02-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Its a 1996. The last year cr steel frame.....

danhung11
02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I've got an Aren's frame as well. If I'm not mistaken it takes a brake pedal from a '92 CR250. Every now and then mine will hang up, but not really a big deal.

Hey Dan, where are you haiving issues at? On the header pipe or on the silencer? Sometimes with the silencer you may have to get an exhaust ext. I saw some in my Nac's catalog the other night. I think its made by TM design works. I can check when I get home this evening and let ya know.

I currently have a ESR 5 Centermount. It is the lower exhaust on the header pipe, it is way off. So was the CT Mid Range I had, that's why I got rid of it and also wanted a different RPM range as I am switching my R back to a MX setup. It's not the extension on the silencer, it's more a mounting piece to get it to the front of the motor mount. I will get a picture of what I am talking about - hopefully tonight. Does this help? :ermm:

1promodfan
02-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
I currently have a ESR 5 Centermount. It is the lower exhaust on the header pipe, it is way off. So was the CT Mid Range I had, that's why I got rid of it and also wanted a different RPM range as I am switching my R back to a MX setup. It's not the extension on the silencer, it's more a mounting piece to get it to the front of the motor mount. I will get a picture of what I am talking about - hopefully tonight. Does this help? :ermm:

Yea, I think I know what you're talkin about. Mine has an adapter on it. Its some type of billet part. Send me your e-mail address and I think I may have a couple of pics that may help you.

danhung11
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Yea, I think I know what you're talkin about. Mine has an adapter on it. Its some type of billet part. Send me your e-mail address and I think I may have a couple of pics that may help you.

PM'd!

1promodfan
02-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Dan, I sent you an e-mail w/ a couple pics.

rustyATV
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
What's this about special brake levers? I've used the TRX brake pedal on mine and never had it hang up. Of course, I did bend it in and out a few times until it was comfortable.

Aceman
02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by rustyATV
What's this about special brake levers?

Nothing special, it just takes a 96 CR250 pedal like stated above.

danhung11
02-18-2009, 05:08 AM
What's this about special brake levers? I've used the TRX brake pedal on mine and never had it hang up. Of course, I did bend it in and out a few times until it was comfortable.

Please post a picture of your Arens frame with a stock pedal.

Tony, did your frame come with a billet from mount that clamps onto the frame by the front motor mount to bolt the exhaust up?

Michael88R
02-18-2009, 08:08 AM
In regards to the pipe mounting, I mounted a trx5 standard mount on my Dad's Arens. On the mount under the expansion chamber, I just used the OEM mount and a short piece of aluminum. It seemed to come out just right. The holes on the short piece are about 1.125" apart and its just .125" thick alluminum.

The muffler wasn't even close though. Really pissed me off that the muffler mounts are so far off! I don't see how you charge $2000 for a frame and you can't even mount a muffler to it. Anyway, I got it to work, but its not how it should be.

rustyATV
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Please post a picture of your Arens frame with a stock pedal.

Motor's not in it right now, working on a rebuild.

Had to have a mount made for it, but this '96 CR business would explain why the master cylinder had such a lousy angle to it. Wish someone had provided me some literature explaining that crap to me when I bought the d### thing. (*ahem* ARENS BROTHERS RACING!!)

danhung11
02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Motor's not in it right now, working on a rebuild.

Had to have a mount made for it, but this '96 CR business would explain why the master cylinder had such a lousy angle to it. Wish someone had provided me some literature explaining that crap to me when I bought the d### thing. (*ahem* ARENS BROTHERS RACING!!)

How did you get the bushing to fit perfectly in there? I thought the ID of the TRX was larger than the CR250??? I will have to relook that... Interesting for sure. :ermm:

rustyATV
02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
I had that part made. When I got the frame, I was confused at how I was supposed to mount that, being there was just a flush bolt hole and the stock TRX has a mount welded to the frame. So I had a guy where I work make a stainless steel piece up.

What's really cute is how I had to jury rig the silencer mount.

cletusEX
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I had an Aren's framed 400ex and had to come up with a ton of modifications to make things fit. Overall the frame was bullet proof but took some custom work to make everything fit right!

voodoochassis
02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
heres a pic of my brake lever it works fine and have never had kicker stick dont stick out that far either..

danhung11
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
I had an Aren's framed 400ex and had to come up with a ton of modifications to make things fit. Overall the frame was bullet proof but took some custom work to make everything fit right!

Do you have a bracket on the lower pipe mount? On the expansion chamber...

heres a pic of my brake lever it works fine and have never had kicker stick dont stick out that far either..

I jacked with mine for a while, and figured out...as long as the "teeth" of the brake lever are below the foot peg, it will clear when you kick it over.

I tried mounting mine a little higher to make it easier to jam the rear brakes just in case. :o

rustyATV
02-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochassis

The angle on the rear master cylinder looks sooooo much better than on mine. I'll have to look into that setup.

1promodfan
02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
The angle on the rear master cylinder looks sooooo much better than on mine. I'll have to look into that setup.

Hey Rusty, your brake pedal looks like its a little different. They could be part of the problem with your master cylinder angle.

rustyATV
02-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Different than a stock '88 piece? Which it is?

1promodfan
02-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks different than the one thats on my Arens frame.