PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Controller?

Hmf Ds450
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
im thinking of getting an hmf fuel optimizer, my ds is not running right, i have hmf slip on, velocity filter lid off, and pink wire cut, the rpms are way off and it revs way to fast, when i switch gears it revs to limiter right away ,theres no power when it hits the rev limiter, so i was wondering if the fuel controllers really help

ProspectorJim
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Is it doing this through every gear?

Hmf Ds450
02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
most from 2nd up

ProspectorJim
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Its normal for that to happen to 1st and 2nd, but from second up? I'm not sure if an fmi will help that.

TNT
02-17-2009, 06:15 AM
It can be all sorts of things….the rev limiter is fed by the crank position sensor, it could be faulty. You could have a faulty Coolant Temp Sensor limiting your RPM, or you could have some problem in your fuel system putting you in the limp mode limiting RPM, or a bad battery over charging the stator can do it, or a faulty ECM, etc…..

You should go to the dealer and do a BUDDs diagnostic unless you have a ECM tool and do it yourself. Last but not least a FMI can enhance performance but not keep you from hitting rev limits, Jims correct.

FYI: The fuel air MAP is the main source of control and the system parameters adjust to it by ECM input/output. A controller makes small deviations to the MAP to tune it. The Race MAP or pink wire cut is a factory MAP that allows the use of a pipe without a controller...The dealer has some capibility to make adjustments to it through BUDDS software.