PDA

View Full Version : keep off of this site, don't give them any info

deathman53
02-16-2009, 08:34 PM
stay off of http://www.skype.com/, don't download anything of theirs or give them any info. Today they tried to take almost $2500 via paypal, somehow they get my password and somebody sent them the money. Thankfully my credit card company froze my account and denied all charges to them.

05LSR250R
02-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Never heard of that site. What kind of site is it? Thanx for the heads up!

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
i use it all the time....never had a problem with anything. i don't see how they got anything from you unless you gave it to them for some reason, it is just an instant messaging program after all

deathman53
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
its a site that sells a computer phone service. I never heard of them before this, when I saw the transactions, I went on the site to see who it was. I logged on my paypal account ~3pm today, everything was cool, phone rings at 4:30, I think it might have been the credit card company, I didn't get a chance to answer it, log on my paypal account ~6pm and see over 2g's in transactions to them. Called payapl, got those investigated and stopped, next call was to the credit card company, had to answer alot of questions, I was connected directly to the fraud/identity theft people. My next step will be to the bank tommorrow, thankfully the bank account on my paypal account has been closed for the past 6 years and the credit card company froze my account immedietely.

mephyst
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I also used Skype all the time... it's just an instant messaging/voice chat program. If you want you can purchase packages through them to be able to call long distances/out of country and it's a better deal than using your cell phone or land line by a long shot.

I've never had any problems with them.

CDALEMX301
02-17-2009, 10:39 AM
This obviously has nothing to do with Skype someone got your info and used it on Skype...It is a very popular if not one of the most popular video messaging services on the internet...They did not steal your money...Someone else stole your stuff and used it to pay them...

deathman53
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
something not right happened, all the transactions were reversed, my account restored and thankfully no money actually went to them from a credit card or bank account. I hope who ever made those transactions get criminal prosecution also.

Ralph
02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
yeah skype is legit. If i was you i would keep a close eye on your accounts cause someone has your info. ATLEAST change your most sensitive passwords right now