anyone else watching? any thoughts?

coolguy8769
02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
being a student at WVU i hate both teams

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
being a student at WVU i hate both teams

i hear yah, the big east fans are no joke, big ole uconn fan here, we had the face paint and jerseys on watching the game at home lol

Scottt89
02-16-2009, 09:23 PM
As a Georgetown season ticket holder, I am mad @ Pitt. #1 for just being Pitt and #2 for knocking off Uconn....the only bright spot in this Dismal Hoya season was that we were the only team to beat Uconn!

Either way, the Big East is the best division in basketball. If only the division wasn't brought down in class by 'Cuse and WV. :D

Sorry, I had to bust on them, they are the main Hoya rivals!

coolguy8769
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
haha i almost went to the hoya-WVU game but got sick from um drinking the night before.

the pitt game here was just a disaster, i waited for 4 hours outside in the cold to get in for us to fall apart

Scottt89
02-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I envy all the other big schools in the Big East. We have a good fan base, but play in an arena WAY too big for the school. If you watch or go to a Gtown Game, it is just too much. It's not intimidating to play @ home what so ever. The schools like WV, Pitt, 'Cuse, and Uconn are big state schools. They graduate like 2x the amount of students a year. Gtown needs a Duke sized arena. Not to mention people stub hub their seats in the lower bowl to other teams fans.

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Scottt89
I envy all the other big schools in the Big East. We have a good fan base, but play in an arena WAY too big for the school. If you watch or go to a Gtown Game, it is just too much. It's not intimidating to play @ home what so ever. The schools like WV, Pitt, 'Cuse, and Uconn are big state schools. They graduate like 2x the amount of students a year. Gtown needs a Duke sized arena. Not to mention people stub hub their seats in the lower bowl to other teams fans.

we play in two different arenas, gampel pavillion (spl?) and the xl center in hartford which is where they played tonight, and gampel is freakin tinyyyyyy, we only use hartford for big games like tonight

Scottt89
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
We have Verizon Center which is where we play 95% of our games. It is where the Washington Caps and Wizards play. It holds like 20k. Then we have McDonough Areana, which is basically like a Highschool Gym. They do maybe 1 game a year there. But for a small private school, a 20k seat arena is just too much.

Verizon Center (http://www.flickr.com/photos/youdooallous/2296617713/)

That must have been a week day game. Usually weekends are a bit more crowded, plus if it is a big game like Pitt or 'Cuse.

McDonough (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffq/75941359/)
And this is just too small. We need a nice 10k seat arena or something.

400EXtreme
02-17-2009, 04:16 PM
losing dyson was big. it was a good game though.

extremeblastr
02-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
losing dyson was big. it was a good game though.

i don't know that it was as much of a game breaker as expected though, walker really stepped it up in that game