PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts?

hondzuki
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
So where is a good place to get trick parts for the predator 90? We are getting a 2005 troy lee edition for my son and it needs a new silencer pretty bad. It is all rusty and looks like hell. But eventualy I would like to get some better suspension for it and other trick little parts. As far as suspension goes, what would you guys say is the best? I am a very avid pit bike rider and have used ishock and it was OK, but seems that they best way to go is elka or fox float shocks. Thanks for your input.

dericsdad
02-17-2009, 08:06 PM
HOw old is your boy, and how will he be riding??? Trail riding? MX racing??

hondzuki
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
He is 7. He likes to ride MX but doesn't like to race. And we do alot of trail riding, and some dunes riding too.

dericsdad
02-18-2009, 08:49 PM
You don't have to spend big bucks on suspension then.

The best thing for trail riding would be to upgrade the shocks first.

I'd try to buy someones stock leangth used Elkas or even new Works shocks would be okey for trail riding. The fronts are the most important. The stock rear shock is actually pretty good for just trail riding.

I think someone had a pair of front elkas in the for sale section here. Under miniatv parts.

The next thing is to widen it a little for stability.

The easiest thing for trail riding and even stock class racing is to add 1" wheel spacers to the front, and 2" spacers in the rear if you decide to swap out the rear tires/wheels for the lighter/quicker accelerating Carlisle snowhogs on Douglas 8x6 aluminum wheels.

Then you can swap the rear sprocket to a 30 tooth, lighten the stock rear shoe clutch and swap out 3 of the stock variator rollers with 6 gram rollers to increase stall speed, acceleration, and top speed.

Be careful swapping the pipe right away, that changes everything! Some have drilled out the baffle in the muffler for less back pressure, but I'm not convinced it helps a lot.

You should be able to do all of the above for around $400.00 if you watch for deals on good used stuff.

hondzuki
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
yeah, my buddie has one for his daughter and he said DO NOT PIPE IT! Are those tires that you speak of the ones that kind of look like hole shots? Where would I get these parts? Would the used section be my best bet?

racer28
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
if your looking to lengthen in out i have wheel spacers and a +2 hetricks swingarm for sale. let me know.