PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outlaw/KTM 525S Mods

08Outlaw
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I realize there are tons of threads regarding jet kits and suggested sizes, and also realize that there are alot of accurate opinions on the subject, that its mostly due to altitude, weather, rider preference, conditions, etc as to what is best for jetting.
However, I am currently modifying my Outlaw with new FMF 4.1 full exhaust system with powerbomb header, EHS Racing prefilter airbox lid, and Moose Racing jet kit.
I know the stock main jet on my quad is a 148 (which is very lean) and I am leaning toward a 162 to 165 but can anyone offer suggestions on the PILOT JET???
Any suggestions are welcomed!!!!

lifthard
02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
The stock jet on my 08 525s is a 138. I put a full header system and k&n filter from CT racing and bumped my main jet to a 158. It runs perfect, good response on the throttle.

08Outlaw
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you- you are correct on the main jet size- manual stated 148 but after pulling out it is a 138. Will start with the 158. Did ride with new exhaust system and no re-jet and already noticed a big difference in throttle response, particularly low end out of the corners and whoops- the only problem was seemed too lean top-end and sputtered a bit at wot
Will post results after I complete the airbox and re-jet.

I highly reccommend the FMF 4.1 exhaust system. Went on in 10 mins and fits perfect. Also sounds much better (although a little loud) with immediate noticed power gain. See pics of how it looks-

08Outlaw
03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually finished re-jetting carb last night. Went with the DynoJet kit for my model and no problems (except they mention nothing about having to use the main jet adapter in instructions). Actually just went up to the 142 and opened the fuel/air mixture screw 2 1/2 turns from closed. Ran motor for a while and rechecked plug and its perfect! Now have great throttle response through the entire power band. Oh yeah, the new needle must go in with the clip on the 3rd slot from the top.

dirtking
02-14-2010, 05:44 PM
does the aftermarket fmf pipe relocate from the middle to the side, because arent all the 525 outlaws exhaust in the middle?

08Outlaw
02-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by dirtking
does the aftermarket fmf pipe relocate from the middle to the side, because arent all the 525 outlaws exhaust in the middle?

Yes- the FMF does relocate the exhaust to the right side rather than the stock center location