PDA

View Full Version : cam chain tentioner how to tighten?

RATPACK Z400
02-16-2009, 11:42 AM
my cam chain tentioner needs adjustment or replace with new tentioner aftermaket from hayubusa.com Ive heard,but I dont have manual need pics of the bolts you take off to get to tentioner or bolt you turn to tighten.thankful if you can help cant afford manul now but will be getting in future.

kawiracerj
02-17-2009, 07:39 AM
mount the housing on head first,then put the only bolt in with spring.

kellymi
02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
That tensioner will automatically adjust by the spring in there. You pull out the middle bolt first, this is where the spring is. Then you take out the two other bolts, the ones on the top and bottom of the middle bolt. If you don't have any more clicks left you probably need a new cam chain. Or i guess you could try and get more life out of it by going with a manual cam chain tensioner. When you put the automatic one back in make sure you reset it first. When you put it back together basically do it in reverse order of how you took it off.

RATPACK Z400
02-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks! will do, just wish I had pics ,but i think I can do this without.

airmobile101
02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Yea, pretty much what the Kelli dude said. When you adjust it, have the bike running at IDLE ONLY!!!!!! You will hear the chain slap,slowly turn the nut and you will notice(depending on how many times you turn it) the slap will slowly disappear. Once the slap is gone, turn the nut an extra half turn. THEN, rev it up to confirm there is not more cahin slap.

cataway
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RAT PACK Z
my cam chain tensioner needs adjustment or replace with new tensioner aftermarket from hayubusa.com Ive heard,but I dont have manual need pics of the bolts you take off to get to tensioner or bolt you turn to tighten.thankful if you can help cant afford manual now but will be getting in future.
if your interested i have a acct that has been fixed , it will give you several more clicks to work with

RATPACK Z400
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey cataway, whats a (acct) that gives more clicks please explain,Thanks .

cataway
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
take your stocker ,put in a lathe and cut about 3/16'' off .it allows
the acct to go in farther giving you more clicks
there is a wright up on it some were

RATPACK Z400
02-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Ill try to find it that sounds better then buying a $100 tentioner from hayabusa.com thanks.if anybody got pics please post them would really help me do this.

cataway
02-20-2009, 01:46 PM
$100. how about this http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Manual_Cam_Chain_Tensioner_p/eng_tt_mcct1.htm

RATPACK Z400
02-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Cataway! thats helps alot and if it does,t work thats not a bad price.