PDA

View Full Version : Powervalve Question...

54warrior
02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Have been meaning to ask this for awhile, and it's been so long since the quad has even been run, I'm not sure why I'm even posting....

A friend owns an 86 model TRX250R that is equipped with a Hetrick Racing 265 Powervalve kit. He had recently rebuilt the top end and ever since, has been having issues with massive amounts of what appears to be oil, spewing out of the actual powervalve itself. All new gaskets were installed during the rebuild. If I recall, the substance seemed to be unburnt fuel mixture, but was a bit too 'oily' to be that.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what could be the issue?

Thanks.

Honda 250r 001
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
its pre mix after the fuel has been burnt out. really sticky and gooey and is hard as hell to clean. you prolly need to replace a o ring or something.

54warrior
02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
its pre mix after the fuel has been burnt out. really sticky and gooey and is hard as hell to clean. you prolly need to replace a o ring or something.

Thanks, that's kinda what I suspected, but he's too cheap to take the head off and replace an o-ring.

05LSR250R
02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Then hes too cheap to ride the thing!(LOL)

54warrior
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah, hasn't been ridden in over a year probably. He has been busy with college and is currently a cadet in the State Police Trooper training program for the next 6 months. I suspect once he gets done with that, he'll actually have some $$ to fix the thing.

Wish I had some pics, it's pretty sweet...

White Fullbore's
PEP ZPS shocks all around
LSR Arms
LSR Stem
LSR Swingarm
LSR Axle
LSR Anti-Fade Nut
LSR Stem Clamp
Hetrick 265 PV motor
LRD Pipe/Silencer
AC ProPegs
AC Bumper
AC Grab Bar
Douglas Shamrock Beadlocks
Holeshots
Pro-Taper Bars
etc.

05LSR250R
02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a nice ride! Too bad its not gettin' any trail time.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Your saying its a Hetrick 265PV, but which cylinder kit is it.
Is it a ESR top end or a CT Racing cylinder kit, where did Hetrick get the pv cylinder kit from.
Neil