PDA

View Full Version : Pro Flat Track / TT Rider Home Destroyed in Fire, #809 Pro Trent Powell

Mad B
02-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to pass on some terrible news from yesterday. Pro Flat Track / TT Racer - Trent Powell lost his home and everything he owned in a fire yesterday afternoon. Luckily his wife and two sons weren't back from church yet, when the fire broke out. Trent received the word right as he was leaving the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis yesterday afternoon. Not all of the details are known at this time; however, the fire department stated that the fire appeared to start in the middle of the home - allowing it to spread throughout the entire home. When Trent arrived, the home and everything in it was a COMPLETE loss.

If you know, or have had the pleasure of meeting Trent – you know that he is certainly one the nicest guys around. This just goes to show that terrible things can happen to anyone. Understanding that this is a terrible time for Trent, his wife, and his two boys - I felt it only right to get the word out and ask for your help. Although they do have insurance; they have lost everything but the clothes on their backs. Therefore, anything you could donate would be greatly appreciated. I do know that they are staying in a hotel for the time being, but have no clothes or personal items.

If you have anything that would help Trent and his family at this time, it would be greatly appreciated. I realize that money is tight for everyone right now - so if you can't send money, that's certainly understandable. However, below are some details of Trent, his wife and his boys - if you'd be interested in sending some clothes or personal items his way.

Trent – shoe size 10, 32 pants, and large shirt.
His sons (ages 3 and 4) - children clothes sizes 3T and 4T, TOYS
His wife (Manda) - Pants size 4, Shirts size Medium, Shoe size 7.5 / 8

All items can be sent to his close friend (fellow Pro racer) Chris Fristoe's shop, which is located nearby.

Fristoe Powersports
4600 State Route 1241
Hickory, KY. 42051

Thanks in advance for anything you can do,
MAD B
damon9680@aol.com (e-mail me here for a direct response)

quadrcr161
02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
i am sorry to hear anyone go through that. if i could i would do anything i could to help, but i went through the same thing almost 2 years ago after the mill creek national and still trying to rebuild.

be sure that he keeps track of what insurance tells him and what ever he replaces or does. we have our agent in several lies and we will be reporting them.

i am glad the family was safe.

05LSR250R
02-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Thats terrible! My children are much older and we have already garage saled their old clothes. However, Trents sizes are the same as mine except the shoes. I'll see what I can scrounge up. Wont be brand new but it'll be somethin'. I cant imagine having only the clothes on my back! TERRIBLE NEWS!

Mad B
02-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Thank you guys very much for your responses, and willingness to help out. You guys are right, it doesn't have to be anything big, nor does it have to be anything New (by any means). Anything you can put together, would certainly be more than he has now.

P.S. If I could get the Moderator / Admin. on this web-site to put this posting where everyone could read it - that would be great. It's tough to find a particular forum to put it in to try to catch everyone that might be able to help. If anyone know how to go about getting this to them, please do so.

Thank you so much,
MAD B

wvspeedfreak
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I wear the same size clothes and shoes as Trent and I am sure I can round up some things for the kids.I will get a box of stuff sent asap!

Jason Fridley

Pappy
02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Expect a few boxes from us!

Pappy
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Mad B

P.S. If I could get the Moderator / Admin. on this web-site to put this posting where everyone could read it - that would be great. It's tough to find a particular forum to put it in to try to catch everyone that might be able to help. If anyone know how to go about getting this to them, please do so.

Harlen is aware of it and will be making some calls to seek some additional help.

Mad B
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Pappy, thank you so much for your help. I know that Trent and his family will appreciate anything and everything that they receive.

Thank you,
MAD B

Pappy
02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Does he or a close friend have a paypal account we could post for donations as well?

Mad B
02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Harlen is aware of it and will be making some calls to seek some additional help.

Right on. Thank you!

I had Harlen's number after the awards banquet on Columbus - but I misplaced it.

Thank you very much,
MAD B

Mad B
02-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Pappy, PM sent.

wvspeedfreak
02-17-2009, 03:43 PM
We just packed up a large box of clothes and toys.It will be sent Priority Mail in the morning.

Mad B
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
We just packed up a large box of clothes and toys.It will be sent Priority Mail in the morning.

GREAT. Thank you very much.

Keep getting the word out.

Thank you,
MAD B

Pappy
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Here is the paypal addy to send anything you can. Times are hard all over I know, but if you can spare a few dollars, I am positive every penny will help. So if you have $2 or $5 that isnt spoken for, send it if you can, more if you can spare it.

chrisfristoe@hotmail.com

Cody_300ex
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
I really hate to hear this especially when it hits so close to home. My father and I are friends with Chris, he has helped me quite a bit throughout my quading days. I've never met Trent personally but have seen him race a time or too. If he is anything like Chris he's a super nice guy.

leager-n-ky
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Mad B, We have a box packed also, will ship tomorrow.

Mad B
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by leager-n-ky
Mad B, We have a box packed also, will ship tomorrow.

Great. Thank you so much.
MAD B