PDA

View Full Version : it might all be in my head but......

hotshotgoal30
02-16-2009, 06:50 AM
honestly i took out my spark arrestor like 3 weeks ago and did nothing else. no airbox mods no wire cut. i didnt expect to gain any power i just did it to make it sound throatier, little louder till i can afford a pipe. well in the mean time i honestly feel like i have gained a little from doing just that. im not talking jaw dropping results here but what i am saying is just driving threw the woods and stuff it seems to not bog down as much. it seems a little more peppy a little more on the bottam end. i mean obviously if it did anything at all its minimal but it has me excited to do the big 3 mods. but who knows it could all be in my head. but since we are on the topic is there a controller everyone prefers? i am going to buy a rossier pipe ( i think im sold on it) and i was going to buy the motoworks controller. they all look similar motoworks, fmf and whatever else there may be. if one is better then how so?

fastford
02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
No need for a controller. Search Pink Wire Mod. Works great with filter and pipe.

dbkbushwacker
02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I would get the new pc5 that is coming out. The bike might run fine with the pink wire cut but its not perfect for every pipe and filter combinations out there.

TNT
02-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I just called on the PC5 this morning. It will be the best one since it has an 02 sensor and more tuning but two weeks ago PC said by the end of Feb now are saying end of march, street bikes first....I can't wait that long. We need an alternative now w/an 02 preferrable or someone else.

hotshotgoal30
02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah i know all about the pink wire and im sure it works, i just dont feel good about it. id prefer to know that my machine is truely running right and the only way to have that is with the controller. $230 will give me the piece of mind that its running the way it should. nothing against the pink mod or anyone who has done it, it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

TNT
02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I guess the person I talked to this am about the PC5 didn't know what they are talking about. My son finally called me back from the INDY show and PC was there and said it will be available soon. Soon as I get the guy's card I'll call him and let everyone know. Even if you don't get the o2 sensor/autotuner the PC5 controller has better tuning is smaller and is only like $20 more....

X400EX
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Thank for the info TNT1.. I can't wait for the PC5!!

TNT
02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Mine will be here next week....I'll post pics. :D

I'm telling you this is the best product out there it will make a world of difference there is NOTHING like it on the market. If you want one let me know I may be able to get it.

What it does is makes the EFI system a closed loop by adding a 02 sensor plus you have much better tuning capibilities. The auto tuner is like being on a dyno getting a tune while you are racing/riding. It also has a display that tells you what your fuel/air is while riding or you can just plug it in not mount it and see no matter what elevation you are at. Its the only way to keep the quad at 14.1:1 fuel air which is perfect!

DGS
02-21-2009, 12:59 AM
How much..? I would be interested but am on a budget....
Let me know what price and when would i be able to get it...

Thanks