PDA

View Full Version : OKO 21mm float height ?

snowbalz
02-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Went out to practice yesterday and afrer about a minute or two of full throtle the bike would bog when you go from off throttle to full throttle. But it would not do it when iput it on a jack stand. I think it is the float height. Does anyone know what it should be? Or any other ideas of the cause?

WOLFPACK
02-16-2009, 08:33 AM
19mm is the float set height.

Have you taken a reading of your plug?

As it warms up it will need to be leaned out.

Shane

snowbalz
02-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes I did and the plug seems to be fine. Nice and brown. But it seem like we have the bog right after a long dtretch of widw open throttle.

WOLFPACK
02-16-2009, 11:57 AM
When did it last run good/perfect?

What has changed since that time?

snowbalz
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
It ran good a couple weeks ago. Since then we changed feul type and re jetted accordingly. But I'm thinking I might have knocked the float hright out durring my jetting of the carb.

WOLFPACK
02-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Did you rejet before you ran you bike when you changed fuels?

I would suggest resetting the float then and see what you have.

If that doesn't work then maybe you'll need to give me a call on the phone and i'll try to help you out.

snowbalz
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Okay. I think I fixed it and we were wrong about float height. Thankfully I have a clear float bowl on my OKO carb. I put the quad on a stand and ran it full throttle for about a minute or two. The whole time watching the fuel if the bowl. I noticed it got lower and lower until there was almost no fuel in the bowl. I let off the throttle and pined it again and it bogged out. I thought the float was sticking so I pulled the carb off and checked it out. But that was fine and the float height was fine too. So I put a bucket under the fuel line to check that the fuel spigot was flowing okay. I let it flow for a while and noticed it came to a trickle and just about stopped. Then I remembered the last time we were at the track we found a cool looking vent hose with a cap. I pulled it off and the fuel began to flow normal. I put it back together but it was too late to take it for a test run.