02-15-2009, 11:44 PM
ok, so heres the scenario..

I live in a townhouse, with a fairly big 2 car garage

I own:

ktm adult Bike
KTM 50 kids bike
400ex atv
polaris 90 ATV

that we all ride as a family almost every weekend.

in the garage I have a 20 foot boat and all my toys

I own a Dodge ram 1500 quad cab and a chevy tahoe.
The 2 quads and my KTM fit in my truck with no problem, but the ktm kids bike doesnt fit plus all the gear bags + spare parts bin/tools take up the entire back seat of the truck.

We have 4 big gear bags

So what is the solution here? keep in mind the limited amount of space in my garage

We had thought about a 4x7 trailer, but what will that really fit? We would only use it during red season sticker as we are on the boat all summer

My idea was to get a hitch rack for the truck for the ktm Mini Bike + a cargo basket on hte roof for the gear bags.

Any Ideas?

here is a pic of what it looked like last year with my other bikes and the boat in the garage.. right now the boat is almost against the wall where the bikes are in the pic, and the bikes are on the left side of the boat

NJQuads
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey bud....

I feel your pain. Nice boat by the way! :cool: I sold my last one 2 years ago and can't wait to get back on the water.

Ok, back to the topic. I have a pretty decent garage with the following:

My 2004 Cobra
My 2006 ZX10R Ninja
a 4X8 trailer with a Honda 400EX and a Yamaha Warrior

Believe it or not, they all fit together with the quads on the trailer.

Can you put the trailer outside somewhere? You would be able to haul everything with a small trailer. If not, then you can lay the tailgate down and get one of those metal bar thinkgs that enclose the gate section. Maybe your son's bike will fit there?

If not, yes, the hitch carrier is a good idea.

Sorry for the long post....I know what you are going through and just wanted to share how I was able to solve it. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to make t work.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Fred

born2ride14
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
get a 7x16 enclosed trailer and you can store them in there

extremeisaac
02-16-2009, 07:27 PM
and where would I store the 7x16 trailer?

BlasterEaten250
02-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Don't you have a driveway?

tx07400ex
02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
storing the trailer in the driveway = bad idea, it would be too easy to hook on the trailer and steal it and the bikes, my buddy just had 2 ranchers stole from him today, and we live in a tiny town with a very low crime rate

extremeisaac
02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I dont have a driveway

CJM
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Rack on the back and a rack for the gear on top of the truck.

gcart2
02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 300maniac
get a 7x16 enclosed trailer and you can store them in there

i would do this.

store all your riding equip. and bikes in here. then you dont have anything in your garage. there are many ways to secure a trailer.

we just bought a enclosed trailer and it was the best thing we have ever done. we used to travel around the state with a quad on a small open trailer and one in the bed of the truck. it sucked staying overnight wondering if your quad was gonna be there the next day.

http://www.hitchcorner.com/locks.htm

gmoney
02-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Get one of these and store your gear in the bed of the truck.
Truck ATV Carrier (http://www.discountramps.com/atvImages/haulall-atv-truck-rack-8.jpg)

Mike594
02-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by extremeisaac
and where would I store the 7x16 trailer?

So where do you park your trucks? Do you have a side yard or anything?