PDA

View Full Version : banshee hard to start and doesnt idle rite!

boost_it_wrx
02-15-2009, 04:39 PM
i have a 99 banshee with open air box w/individual uni air filters, Dynojet stage3 jet kit, wiseco stand. bore pro lite top end, and pro circut exhaust. dosent want to start, i have to use started fluid to get it going. when it finally warms up it wont idle rite and will die on me. anyone have any suggestions?

DemonRace6
02-15-2009, 06:24 PM
you need to tune the carbs, you should look up how to do it on google.

boost_it_wrx
02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
thanks joe!

Rich250RRacer
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by boost_it_wrx
i have a 99 banshee with open air box w/individual uni air filters, Dynojet stage3 jet kit, wiseco stand. bore pro lite top end, and pro circut exhaust. dosent want to start, i have to use started fluid to get it going. when it finally warms up it wont idle rite and will die on me. anyone have any suggestions?

When you jetted it, did you have both carbs apart at the same time? If you did, you might have mixed up the bowls. The left bowl is different from the right. The left has a choke jet in it where the brass tube on the carb pulls fuel. The right bowl is blocked off where the jet should be. I did some work on a Banshee for a customer who had a similiar problem. He switched the bowls while rejetting it. It drove me crazy trying to figure that problem out.

boost_it_wrx
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
dam, i did have them apart at the same time! ill have to check it out. ill post if it works out. thanks for helping out man.