PDA

View Full Version : Burgards = booger, stem no good

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 04:41 AM
Well I got my stem finally yesterday even though he said he shipped it Thursday of last week.Luckily I am in PA and its only one day ship.

Well the saying you get what you pay for is correct

The pro's and the con's:

First off the welds,powdercoating, and material are all A++

but the design is DEFINITLY lacking. I am not talking about cheap parts but about cutting corners.

I asked for a +1 higher and +1 forward. The box just says +1. and it is slightly taller so i think I may have only gotten a +1 taller?
the mount is forward slightly so maybe it is +1,+1???

okay the rant begins:

The stop plate is not only a weird design but it is not in the right spot. insted of making a square plate to meet the frame stop make 100% square contact, the guy made it angled? for what reason i do not know?
also not only does it not make 100% contact, its to high, so only half of the stem stop meets the frame stop :grr

then the piece that extends from the stem that the tie rods bolt too is not accurate. the measurements are off.

the piece is longer by about 1/8-1/4 inch and the holes are 1/8-1/4 close to each other. some people may say hey who cares, but its not , its a HUGE diff. because 1/8 a the tie rod is about 1" at the wheel on EACH side. so with the same adjustments as stock the wheels no both bow out!!! plus if you turn one way the outer tire is actually turning less and the inner is turning more:grr :grr

so now i am gonna have to adjust the tie rods too make up for the longer extension and closer bolt holes.

also the the top dog bone is really nice but when you put the bars on there is a huge gap between the dog bone and where the dogbone bolts into. the aluminum could have been a 1/4 inch longer. the vertex adapters i had, had about a 1/16 of a gap, why doesnt this? not a big deal, but???

then the rubber mounts, the bolts that he uses are too short so you have to tighten it alot to have the locknut make full contact with the threads to prevent losening, so his bolts should be about a 1/8 longer and that way the mounts could be SLIGHTY loser to help with vibes, i havent ridden it yet but it seems really stiff right now. this may be ok but either way i think the bolt should be longer to allow better contact with the threads.

i will try to draw some pics and will have real pics monday.

i dont get because he has lots of good feedabck and maybe the other people have no clue or he just f-ed this one up. also there is no provision for a clip on the bottom of the stem, he just uses a locknut.

i guess this is all you really need? dont know how the other guys do it

it looks really nice though:), i just wish it was done more accurately

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 05:04 AM
i will get pics with my friends digi this weekend

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 05:08 AM
I am going to email the guy and hopefully he will send out agood stem as the size is perfect, soem thing sjust need to be corrected. hopefully the fact that 19,000 people look here will make him do something as it did cost me $200.oo bucks

The guy was nice on the phone so will see. I will let you guys know either way

I think the guys screename on is quadparts, yeah hew is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=1874873679

Sparks425Ex
12-20-2002, 05:18 AM
Sell it and buy a Houser or a Leager. They are sweet stems.

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 05:27 AM
My name is John Palmer, I just ordered a stem from you last week and I am having some problems with some of the design features. Here is a link where I explain everything. Please call me at 267-475-1422 after 2:30pm today.

I need to use the stem this weekend as my existing stem is bent. But I would like you to replace it and make it the way it should be. There are alot of people on this site and this will definitly give them doubt about oredering from you in the future. I was looking into purchasing more products from you and hopefully this can be worked out in a timely business like manner.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37941

any body want a burgards stem, i guess i should have gone withthe laegers?????????

12-20-2002, 05:39 AM
Now go call Tony K..& get a Laegers ,He still has a few left ..
;) ... do you need the number again ???

& if need be he can install it for ya & set up front end, tie rods etc

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 05:51 AM
yeah i need the number

anybody want a stem, make offer if you have a welder it can be fixed easily

12-20-2002, 05:58 AM
Kellner Motorsports..570 366-1804..
I was just there last w/e he still had a few ..but call to make sure ..
And if ya need anything else he prolly has it ..just ask ...
He primarily has parts for TRX 250R's & 400ex's.
And does all work...right there at reasonable price .

wyndzer
12-20-2002, 06:02 AM
Personally I think a more profesional way to have handled it would have been to contact them first and ask for resolve, before the diarhea of the mouth on here.

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 06:30 AM
okay there captain

what was i thinking trying to give out useful information to people who were about to order a product that is not up to spec.

forgive me for trying pass the word to possibly assist others before they blow $200 on a part that is not very good. especially since most of the people that are on this site are younger and $200 is most likely the equivelant of 3 months wages.

So please take YOUR comments to www.IMATOOLBAG.COM

My post is extremely accurate and if you notice there were popsitive comments along with the negitives, maybe will just call it rider's review. free country, dont like it dont read it.

I had contacted this gentleman a few times and he had said he shipped it last week when in reality he shipped it wednesday of this week. and if there was a problem with it being powder coated elsewhere and the powder coater shipping late then tell me, dont give me the run around with a nice voice.

I was trying to put a little fire under his seat as i have been screwed many times and i am gonna let other people know about before they take it with no vaseline.

UglyMotha™
12-20-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Personally I think a more profesional way to have handled it would have been to contact them first and ask for resolve, before the diarhea of the mouth on here.

exactly cause now the dude is goin to read this get all pissed and say screw you i'll teach you a lesson for bad mouthing me you little prick:eek:

just a thought:o but most often reality

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 06:36 AM
bad mouthing???????????

ar you people crazy

more LIKE DESIGN FLAW

the stem is NOT RIGHT, plain and simple. there called facts

so if ford gave you a stang and put focus motor in it would you say i was wrong by saying nice car wrong motor. no you would say hey dumbazz you put a f-ing focus motor in the stang, FIX IT

12-20-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha

exactly cause now the dude is goin to read this get all pissed and say screw you i'll teach you a lesson for bad mouthing me you little prick:eek:

just a thought:o but most often reality

All the more reason for yzroostinya ..to keep us updated,,.
if the guy says screw ya ...& does not satisfy the customer ...WHO NEEDS em ??

jerry-89-250R
12-20-2002, 06:45 AM
YZ i agree with you, if this guy want's business he'll make it right, if he doesn't their are lot's of possible customers on here he stands too lose, too many times we get the shaft "or in your case stem" from some of these so-called companies, how do we know who too deal with without someone speaking up, at least he now has a chance too make it right, if he does tell us, if he doesn't tell us,

UglyMotha™
12-20-2002, 06:50 AM
well lets put it this way there's nothing wrong with bad mouthing (telling it like it is) i'm not saying you didn't get a piece of crap and it's good that you doin review of it and telling the truth behind it but it's still a negative review even if it's the truth, and what i'm merely getting at is you don't do a negative review and then freakin email it to the dude before you even get anything resolved because i'm not saying he is goin to but more then likely he could look at this the thread and think that your trying to give him a bad rep and say to the **** with you cause the damage is done plus i don't think the loss 20 sales is goin to hurt his business anyways

jerry-89-250R
12-20-2002, 06:56 AM
the damage is not done "everybody makes mistakes or bad parts" the damage can be fixed with a good part, any good company stands behind what they sell, if he makes it right i'm sure YZ will let us know

MSL
12-20-2002, 06:58 AM

I think he just gave a good review of the part he ordered.
If there is a problem with the part i dont see any problem with
sharing this information with us, thats what this forum is about
sharing information.

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 07:04 AM
ugly motha, your missing something here

your saying its ok that **** sells me 200$ worth of ?????

it is a review plain and simple. its not bad mouthing, its called reality!

if he wants to fix it, the oppertunity has risen. and I WILL BE MORE THAN GLADLY TO PRAISE THIS MAN"S WORK FROM HERE TO TEXAS, but until he follows through then i will stand firm on my position. i spend ALOT of my time riding and working on my machines making them as nice as i possibly can with my $ and time.

he either follows through and gets a big :D :

or he screws me over and gets :grr

sorry, but 200 beans is nice chunk that for sure i would have spent another 100 on the laegers if i new it was going to be like this.

maybe he doesn't want me to buy, the a-arms, bead locks, carriers. i work hard and i only see more money in the future to spend on my toys, if he doesn't want my business or any of my firends then so be it.

he has the oppertunity to get it or lose. he can do as he pleases. but before someone wlses loses money i am stepping up to the plate.:mad:

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 07:15 AM
the last person that screwed me over

lost out on

(2) 2001 r6's 8k eack
(1) 2001 gsxr 750 9.5k
(1) 99 yamaha yz250 6.4k
these were all purchased from new a differnate dealer than the one that screwed me

another zx-6e
another honda 1100?? older sport tourer
2002 400ex

and MULTIPLE PARTS in the 3-4k range

so maybe thats pocket change to you

the dealer was supposed to fix my 91 yz motor in 2 weeks, i went there after 2 weeks and they didnt even order tha parts yet, they refused to eat the overnight charges because i was a 18yrd kid that they thought didn't matter

ill play your game

so to this day its around 60-70k$$$ who cares though right, all over a 60$ overnight charge, so much for punk kids

Jnine
12-20-2002, 07:16 AM
So what inspired you to buy that brand in the first place?

UglyMotha™
12-20-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
ugly motha, your missing something here

your saying its ok that **** sells me 200$ worth of ?????

are ya blind or what, where in the **** did i ever say that quit pullin stuff out of your *** and try to understand what i'm saying the post is good there is no reason that you should not tell us about it and there is no reason that you should have gotten a piece of crap all i said was you should have held off emailing the link to this thread cause it could create conflict in the way he deals with you keep posting your thoughts on the stem i'm not bashing you or the thread is GOOD and should be VIEWED can you understand it this time or you goin to post somthing completly opposite for a third time:huh

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 07:41 AM
i understand where your coming from motha, but i am not gonna hold off. people were wanting to know so i told them how it was.

seems like your bashing me for speaking my mind

i checked out the guys feedback on ebay and they only prob he had was late shipping but all other were positives on build qiality(76) at the time i bought it. good price and he said he had what i needed when i talked to him on the phone. he was curteous and he also had other thing like a-arms and frames beadlocks,bearing carriers. so i figured he knew what he was doing. after all its a few peices of metal welded together

i have been looking for astem for about 3 months now and i though i hit the jackpot, price, quality.

the actual qualirty is great along with the powdercoating, the specs are just wrong thats all.

Jnine
12-20-2002, 07:51 AM
"great part but just the specs are wrong"???? You're very forgiving!

UglyMotha™
12-20-2002, 08:02 AM
alright yz were halfway there but once again i never bashed you for speaking your mind or letting us now the truth be hind the thread i was stating you emailed him the link to early

keep posting your thoughts on the stem i'm not bashing you or the thread is GOOD and should be VIEWED

i pulled this from my previous post, didn't you read this far but yet you still think i'm bashing you for speaking your mind
:huh

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 08:04 AM
i got you motha, just SEEMED that way INITIALY

yes i am forgiving, thats why i am giving him a chance, fix it and i will be happy.

the welds ,powder and metal are all top notch, but the specs are wrong.

12-20-2002, 08:12 AM
Sounds like it would make a good Driver for long par 5's..:o

Hope it works out for ya,,I'm sure it will..;)

chris4w1
12-20-2002, 08:49 AM
i got a burguard stem that is +1 foreward and it has held up fine seems great to me. the only bad thing i noticed is the bolts for the antivibe were rubbing on the tank cover

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 09:03 AM
what about the stop? mine is too high
or the tie rod positioning, di you even compare it to stock?

where did you get it from?

price?

BadA$$440
12-20-2002, 09:47 AM
i doubt i will get my ste from there now. My buddy has one, next time i go over his house i wll check it out and see how the quality is. But i might get me a Hermanns now. Hey Jnine, how much u sell +1 stems for for the 400ex?

Pro400EXC
12-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Jnine, i am making a pledge,that if I ever buy anything thats is a chassis product,and NOT made by you, I will jump off a bridge....

When i get some cahs,i will def order from the man "Jnine" anyways whats Jnine mean?

Bart
12-20-2002, 12:28 PM
whats Jnine mean?

I believe that Jnine is short for Johnny Nine Fingers. If you ever meet John, you'll know why.

12-20-2002, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its time for a new pic of #3 ?

Damn looks like a ghost or some*****.

C'mon man find a better one.

UglyMotha™
12-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Am I the only one who thinks its time for a new pic of #3 ?

Damn looks like a ghost or some*****.

C'mon man find a better one.

you refering to my pic, i like that pic

the 3 is nicely defined and just look at the intimdation in those eyes i don't see where the ghost bit is coming in at

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 03:17 PM
I just got off the phone with a gentleman that I believe owns or runs the business. He told me his name(israel?)but i do not rem. either way He told me he would make me another stem and have it out to me next week(he offered overnight) and said i could use my stem until the new one arrives. which is cool because i am going riding sunday and i ned to use this in the meantime.

I will be adding pics hopefully tomorrow to show you guys what i am talking about. Then you will know if I am crazy or not?

Plus he wants some measurements to make sure his jiggs and set up is the way it should be. which is pretty cool.

Some people seem to think that i posted this before the whole story played out. i think i am giving accurate information that EVERYONE can use, and is pretty much the reason for this whole site??? everyone has their own opinion of each post, so take yours from this one

He told me that the reason the extensions are longer are because it helps correct the steering geometry when used with +1 or +2 a-arms?

I dont have +2's so i dont know. he is going to make me a custom one so it will be the same as stock +1+1. which is all i need/want

he was cool on the phone and is willing to correct the prob so far.

i think the build qaulity is very nice along with the powder coating and welds. great price and seems like he wants every to :D from his products.

so everybody who wants a great stem at a bargain order up. if you want a stock stem set up let him know, other wise you will get the set up i have.

also he is going to fix the stop. i want to give him pics first with measurements first though.

i will try to get pics tomorrow.

12-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Yz, thats cool things seem to be working out.

UG, Man no dis but (and dont everyone get on me for this) Dale has had better pics taken and he looks barely alive in that one.

Just spooky

Doibugu2
12-20-2002, 03:31 PM
YZ,

Just realize this, when someone is just looking at threads, they are going to see your thread title and think Burgards are not very good. Unless of course they read through 3 pages of the three of you guys ragging back and forth.

Your intial opinion my be correct, but I think some of the guys were just trying to tell you may have jumped the gun a bit by posting this.

Just think, you could have started a thread something like this,
"Burgards Service is awesome!"

Then tell what happened from begining to end. See what I'm saying?

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 03:34 PM
it tied to fix the thread title but it wont let me, i dint know it was awesome until about 1 hour ago

sorry for the typing this keyboard sucks

chris4w1
12-20-2002, 05:18 PM
on my stem the stop is fine on my burguard stem like i said it seems perfect to me i will post a pic tomrrow i got it from a freind of mine that is a dealer so i got a good deal 150 for it

MX26
12-20-2002, 05:39 PM
I ordered a case saver from that same guy. Took forever to get it.

Guy400
12-20-2002, 05:42 PM
plus if you turn one way the outer tire is actually turning less and the inner is turning more:grr :grrYZ, that's called the ackerman effect. It's supposed to do that. The degree to which it happens can be engineered but it does happen.

Pappy
12-20-2002, 05:49 PM
i just got home from burgards shop. the man seems very honorable and ready to help in any way to make the situation right. i looked at what he had done since your problem arose.

i'd say ripping down a 400ex and installing a off the rack stem for me to see.... is more then willing to help in almost any situation.

i hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction.....:)

kc 300EX
12-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a pretty kool guy to me, I dont know squat about anything, but he seems like he is handling the problem the correct way

chris4w1
12-20-2002, 06:37 PM
picture of the stop (mine lines up)

chris4w1
12-20-2002, 06:38 PM
picture of the only complaint i have with my stem is the anti vibe bolt hits the tank bolt

chris4w1
12-20-2002, 06:39 PM
picture from front of the quad

12-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Ta dum Pappy to the rescue :D

We may need to get you a cape :D :devil

Pappy
12-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Ta dum Pappy to the rescue :D

We may need to get you a cape :D :devil

nothing in a days work:o lmao!!!

actually....i was there ....looking at a new frame he is currently making:devil i wonder whose it is;) :eek:

stocktires
12-21-2002, 01:07 AM
I have one of Izzy's stems. His welding and PCing is top quality! But I also have the steering stop problem. But it doesnt even matter to me because of the way my a-arms are designed, the spindels hit the arms before My stem hits the stops, so....

12-21-2002, 06:34 AM
ya get what ya pay for ..& sometimes a LIL more

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 05:53 PM
okay, i have the pics.

i also took a few of my buds lonestar

you can see how high my stop is. also my wheels hit the a-arms before the stop hits the frame. it needs to be thicker and lower down. the handle bar mount has a large gap also, this does not affect performance, just not how the other guys do it(my stem pad is on anyway so its not a big deal). i want the bolts that hold the anti vibe mount to be 1/8-1/4 quarter longer so they make contact with the nylon in the nut so they do not come off. i think they tried to fix the prob about the bolts hitting the tank by making them shorter, but with a plus one i dont think it will hit.

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:05 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:06 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:06 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:07 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:08 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:09 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:10 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:11 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:12 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:12 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:13 PM
10'

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:14 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:15 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:16 PM

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:17 PM
13=

YZROOSTINYA
12-21-2002, 06:22 PM
i set the wheels straight on a car alignment rack. so their perfect and it rolls straight. the bars are straight too. when i turn its def diff.

you can see the powder is good stuff along with the machining and welding.

i had to post these here since i am at my friends and i do not have a comp at home, no work till thursday either.

if you need any other pics let me know

is gonna be 28 out tonight so all the puddles are gonna freeze and then 40 tomorrow so perfect riding!!!!

Guy400
12-21-2002, 10:04 PM
i set the wheels straight on a car alignment rack. so their perfect and it rolls straight. the bars are straight too. when i turn its def diff.
YZ, I said this earlier in this thread but maybe you missed it. When the inside wheel turns sharper than the outside wheel, it's called the ackerman effect. Your wheels are supposed to do that. Look at a stock EX, it'll do the same thing but probably not as much. These chassis guys engineer so much of that into their steering geometry.

12-22-2002, 07:11 AM
according to the pics posted ...
The red machine's stem looks better.
it's a Laegers rt?

12-22-2002, 10:52 AM
bmw500hp, I think you nailed that one.

Things are changing for sure.

300EXrider02
12-22-2002, 03:33 PM
there, there, john, sportquad.com is always there for ya:D

CHAR250R
12-23-2002, 06:47 AM
Yikes! That stem is a piece of schit! Should of got the Roll Design or Laegers like I recommended. Take out the stock stem, bolt up the Roll or Laegers, adjust the tie rods, and go. I hate it when the parts I get are garbage. Cheaper usually means low quaulity. Good luck, but I think your'e in for some headaches!:(

12-23-2002, 06:51 AM
you will still need to make tie rod adjust ments with the laeger ..
Most after market stems have the inner tie rod location ( on stem) set back lil futher than stock ..

stocktires
12-23-2002, 07:15 AM
these stems are NOT low quality, they just have a few design flaws and Izyy is happily working them out for free for the both of us!

12-23-2002, 07:36 AM
hmm,..& I was thinking design & quality went hand & hand ...
OR maybe I'm just ....old school huh??
I am glad to see the problem being fixed tho

YZROOSTINYA
12-23-2002, 09:43 AM
2r's, couldn't find you yesterday?

i went riding yesterday and i noticed two things. the steering is really weird. i can turn alot sharper because the whels hit the a-arms before the stop hits the frame. which is good and bad. if i pull up to a uneven off camber and i have to make a sharp turn it will lock my wheel in a fully turned position because the stop never hits. also my wheels get pulled easier to each side? maybe since i have adjusted the tie rods out farther it allows for more flex and and gives me a "flex" feeling in the bars. its not the ant vibe part becasue it will pull my shels and i have barely turned the bars. something is flexing and i think it is the tie-rods since they were fine before the adjustment

also if i didn't make a hill climb and hand to turn around, my wheels would get pinned or locked in that position which is caused by the (1) stop not hittin and (2) the relocated ti erod position.

i understand the whole ackerman thing, what i do not understand is if yopu make the right tire tun more the left tire turn less, so basically one is going striaght anf the other is 90 degress(exageration) how would that make you turn faster? if it does then i did not know this.

my buddys stem is a lonestar, i havent ridden his quad in a while but i did not notice anything of this nature when i did ride his?

i will give Izzy a call prob thursday or friday as he said i could use the one i have until he makes another.

i kept checking my tie rods to make sure they were tight, thats the feeling i was getting while riding sometimes.

i really did like the new position of the bars and how the anti vibe works.

like i said before, the materials and finish are top notch, my main complaint was the stop and the turning issue.

mesz1
12-23-2002, 10:21 AM
Try the MeszMoto Stem. If you dont like it for any reason, I will take it back and refund your money, even shipping! Our stem is 134.99 and in my opion is the best one at any price on the market. Give it a try you have nothing to lose. Bob 1-877-374-0975

UglyMotha™
12-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by mesz1
Try the MeszMoto Stem. If you dont like it for any reason, I will take it back and refund your money, even shipping! Our stem is 134.99 and in my opion is the best one at any price on the market. Give it a try you have nothing to lose. Bob 1-877-374-0975

i have heard some good stuff and was goin to buy one you have a pic

12-23-2002, 11:42 AM
yzroostinya ..how are the tie rods set?..you did adjust them rt?

I stayed home to work on my latest project ..
& watch the kids while she shopped ...I'll catch up to ya sooner or later in 03 at the club .,..How was tctri ?

HEY! speaking of stems ..there was a guy around..awhile back
who would fix & modify stock stems ..w/anti vibe tops ..& add length etc
I got a few stock ones that are a lil messed up
I was wondering if anybody knows if he is still around ?

CHAR250R
12-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
these stems are NOT low quality, they just have a few design flaws and Izyy is happily working them out for free for the both of us ! The design flaws are supposed to be worked out BEFORE the customer gets them. Where's the quality control at this place? Here's the part where I get flamed to death. Don't waste your money on low quality parts. Buy a part from a well known manufacturer, not one that's made in a basement or a barn. Roll Design, Walsh Racecraft, and Laegers, all the others are schit. At least the stems are being fixed for free. How are you gonna ride your quad while the stem is being repaired? You'll be waiting at the mailbox for UPS to show up like a little kid. Been there, done that. I hope everything works out, because it really blows when you get ripped off.

stocktires
12-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
The design flaws are supposed to be worked out BEFORE the customer gets them. Where's the quality control at this place? Here's the part where I get flamed to death. Don't waste your money on low quality parts. Buy a part from a well known manufacturer, not one that's made in a basement or a barn. Roll Design, Walsh Racecraft, and Laegers, all the others are schit. At least the stems are being fixed for free. How are you gonna ride your quad while the stem is being repaired? You'll be waiting at the mailbox for UPS to show up like a little kid. Been there, done that. I hope everything works out, because it really blows when you get ripped off.

I disagre with alot of what you said.
There are MANY chassis part manufacturers out there that do AMAZING work besides the ones you listed, Not everyone goes into the buisnnes being a genius, people live and learn and Izzy is doing just that! His welding and PC are EXTREMELY high quality, and the responsibility he takes for his design flaws is awesome! That goes to show you that he is definatly trying to make a quality product!

mesz1
12-24-2002, 07:54 AM
You can check out our products at www.meszmoto.com

FatBoy Redrider
12-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Wow that took me forever to read that string. I agree and disagree with things that have been said. I agree that this is a perfect forum to vent and inform others. However, if you have ever been in business, you understand that things happen. Yes it sucks to get a stem that isn't to spec. In my opinion the best thing to do would have been to contact burgard and discuss it with them. You took the time to make drawings etc, you should have had time to call and see what the issue was. I have worked in customer service fields so I have an understanding from both sides. I know for a fact that Burgard is a great place to do business. I had trouble with a reputable 2 stroke dealer who I purchased thousands from. At one point they told me they couldn't make everyone happy and that I need to go somewhere else. Once I restated to them what they had said to me and how it was perceived, they changed their toon, especially after I mentioned posting in this forum. Granted, you shouldn't have to do that. I would just like everyone to be aware of the CUSTOMER who can not be satisfied. Some people are never happy. I'm not saying that is the case here, but I know it has been teh case in other threads where people have bashed companies. I guess after all of this, the guy got his stem fixed up and will be fine.

YZROOSTINYA
12-26-2002, 09:20 AM
my stem will be here tomorrow

i will post pics sometime this weekend hopefully

i have to go to my buds to use his digital camera and his computer

YZROOSTINYA
12-26-2002, 09:25 AM
2-rs

my bud owns a shop and i set the alignment there. there perfectly straight. the bars are straight too.

izzy is going to increase the size of the stop and also adjust the position where the stop hits the frame. so my wheels wont get pinned/locked in full turn position anymore.

my stem bearing was up slightly(1/16") the seal was up higher

it made a slight diff but the stem was still off a little

he is addressing the problem and will be sending next day air today.

ZRacer
12-26-2002, 11:49 AM
OK, from what I can see in your pictures is that your seal was definitely UP too high and not properly installed, which you did note. So, if the seal & bearing would have been installed properly, then the stem would have worked fine! Yes, the Tie-Rods mount in a different location than stock which was another complaint, but almost all aftermarket stems do. Now, we have 6 pages of post about a defective stem that wasn't defective. I think it is great that Burgard is replacing the stem and taking care of his customers, but I feel YZROOSTINYA should have the courtesy to start a new thread about how the Burgard stem wasn't installed properly and the stem wasn't as bad as was first thought. If one is quick to point out flaws of others, then they should be willing to point out there own misjudgments .

I am happy everything worked out well for you, and I feel riders should keep others informed about product weaknesses once everything about the product weakness is verified and handled or not by the Vendor. This give the both the vendor and customer a chance to see what the problem really is before an issue is made about the quality of the product or the mechanical ability of the installer.

CHAR250R
12-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by stocktires

I disagre with alot of what you said.
There are MANY chassis part manufacturers out there that do AMAZING work besides the ones you listed, Not everyone goes into the buisnnes being a genius, people live and learn and Izzy is doing just that! His welding and PC are EXTREMELY high quality, and the responsibility he takes for his design flaws is awesome! That goes to show you that he is definatly trying to make a quality product! If it was a quality product, the part should of fit correctly the FIRST time. You are correct, there are many chassis guys out there who do amazing work, but they are not in the same league as Roll, Laegers, and Walsh. You can put whatever amazing parts you like on your quad. I'll stick to companies that are proven winners. Are they a little more expensive? Yes. Are they worth it? To me, yes. When I purchase a part for my quad, trike, jet ski, Harley, or whatever, it has to fit the first time. It's not a trial and error deal. Quality parts fit the first time. You shouldn't have to modify or fix them so they fit.

stocktires
12-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
If it was a quality product, the part should of fit correctly the FIRST time. You are correct, there are many chassis guys out there who do amazing work, but they are not in the same league as Roll, Laegers, and Walsh. You can put whatever amazing parts you like on your quad. I'll stick to companies that are proven winners. Are they a little more expensive? Yes. Are they worth it? To me, yes. When I purchase a part for my quad, trike, jet ski, Harley, or whatever, it has to fit the first time. It's not a trial and error deal. Quality parts fit the first time. You shouldn't have to modify or fix them so they fit.

I hear what your saying, and I'm normally exactly the same way. But A stem wont make or break the performance of a quad. And my cash is a lil bit limited so I try and make my money count. I believe the Burgard stem will work just as good as a Roll, laeger, or Walsh stem would. When buying a stem, your normally paying for the Name. A-arms, swingarms, frames, complete chassis are different...

Like I bought Roll pegs ($330 for those suckers!) and I think I hate them! The name "Roll Design" doesn't mean $HIT!

Mxbubs
12-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
So what inspired you to buy that brand in the first place?

Somebody is rubbing it in........:D :eek: :eek:

Bean
12-26-2002, 05:56 PM
a stem may not make or break your quad performance, but it will break you if it is defective, imagine if them stops freeze up and you hit a tree going, o 40 or so, that will break you, every quad part is important, and should be checked, rechecked, and checked again for perfection, i dont want crap parts on my R, and i dont have many on there

Pappy
12-26-2002, 07:48 PM
did we ever figure out if there was a problem with this stem?

was it possible that the installer just didnt get it or the bearings in correctly.

is it possible from what ive read that maybe between the installer and the stem something just didnt get where it needed to be:huh

was the stem out of spec? who's specs?

i cant believe everyone jumped so hard to down this company. as far as ive seen he is being treated more then fairly. and isnt that what we want IF there is a problem with ANY part we purchase?

and as far as ...."why did he buy this brand"? i dunno.

why am i buying a burgard frame....jnines....check your pm's. i like companies that will return my correspondence. i have more money then time to wait for someone to decide to sell me thier products.:o

beerock
12-26-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
jnines....check your pm's. i like companies that will return my correspondence. i have more money then time to wait for someone to decide to sell me thier products.:o

ditto:o

660bigdaddy
12-26-2002, 11:39 PM
heres a pic of my bulgard stem. izzy has been great to deal with. everything fit great. lost a anti vibe nut,washer and the nylon bushing. called up izzy, said no charge. got my parts. did a lil ice riding. hit a guy that spun and twisted my stem. called izz again, sent pics, waiting for responce.

airheadedduner
12-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Of all the aftermarket chassis parts in the world the only thing I wouldn't buy is a stem. For the price of most aftermarkets I can walk my arse to the local honda dealer and buy at least 3 stock ones. And I bet they last just as long and fit right too.

It's good to see that he is taking care of your problem.:p

YZROOSTINYA
12-27-2002, 04:34 AM
airhead- the stock does NOT come in +1, +1

zracer and pappy-

yes the seal is up high, yes the bearing wasn't seated fully, off by about a 1/16

BUT, the stem is off 1/8, SO its still off a 1/16 so it still doesnt make full contact with the stop. i rode it as it is for 5 hours and the stem stop is showing wear because only half is making contact with the stop. like i said previously i will take pics hopefully this weekend of the stem as it is now with the bearing fully seated. the seal is up about 1/8 inch or so, but the seal does NOT prevent the stem from fully seating, the bearing does, which is now fully seated, and the stem is still high.

the stem stop that i have recvd is too thin(IMO) and should be lower on the stem to make contact with the stop. the stop also hits too late so my wheels get pinned when I turn fully.

i took pics to show you what was up, i have posted many times that i was not treated badly or the product was bad, i said there were some flaws!!!!

i said good welds,pc, metal........

i will take pics of the stop as it sits correctly, with the stop too high, and pics of the new stem with adjustments made.

IMO- the stem should come ready, i am all for R&D, just not when i do not know about it. there is problems, the stop is too high, the stop hits late, and its too thin.

I already explained why i bought this stem on page 2

Pappy
12-27-2002, 06:12 AM
yz...dont take it personal. i would respond in the same fashion if it were a houser...arens...lsr etc. this is a great way to inform people of the good/bad side of products and service.....but it seems good old fashioned common sense is sometimes lost with the internet.

we only get your side of the story....and i know you are being as forthcoming as possible. i have personally seen one of these stems installed and i did check the areas inwhich you are having trouble. i couldnt find one flaw in the fit or operation.

i would also suggest that with each manufacture comes his design and it should be researched to determine if it fits your needs and or wants. thats what makes each manufacture different and why each will say his are better then the next.

no flame towards ya yz....i just want a fellow exrider satisfied and what i feel is an honest and reputable company represented in a way more becoming a site of this caliber. this thread is full of personal insights some of which seem motive biased. i dont have a problem with that....but i think we all can agree that its not needed.

i too have had trouble with parts that didnt fit correctly or worked as advertised. if the problem warrants a post i make it. and if you werent being treated as i would like to be.....i'd be right beside you in this fight. kenny

YZROOSTINYA
12-27-2002, 06:42 AM
i understand and agree with pappy

this is why posted pics so you guys could see what i was talking about.

hopefully i can get some pics this weekend to show the diff between the two stems.

i will start another thread with a BETTER title

12-27-2002, 06:49 AM
if the problam warrants a post i make it. :rolleyes::huh :confused: :huh

And I thought you posted due to bordem :):blah :devil

Pappy
12-27-2002, 06:57 AM
:rolleyes::huh :confused: :huh

And I thought you posted due to bordem :):blah :devil

can you say stress relief:p