PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500 Discussion

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 02:09 PM
how about it guys what do you think so far? how about stewart already up into 9th from 37th

gcart2
02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
how about it guys what do you think so far? how about stewart already up into 9th from 37th

stewart = homo who poops pants. :rolleyes:

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Helluva run for Tony Stewart so far. The drivers are racing very smart right now. Alot of give and take, which you will see until the last 50 laps. Things will probably step up shortly because they will find a way to get around Kyle Busch. That 18 car is mighty strong though. To me though its like like and old school vintage Daytona 500. Cars strung out and passing with the ol sling shot. Thanks for starting the thread and we'll talk throughout the race.

Get em' 88

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Junebug to the lead baby!!! Looks like 2004, Dale Jr. and Tony Stewart hooked up and runnin.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
Junebug to the lead baby!!! Looks like 2004, Dale Jr. and Tony Stewart hooked up and runnin.

Geez he just axed himself on pit road. Can't miss your pit:scary: .

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Geez he just axed himself on pit road. Can't miss your pit:scary: .

not liking the sound of issues with jr's car overheatin, helluva run for allmendinger to, i like how clean things are lookin right now. should make for a a crazy finish if everyone is still running like this.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 02:49 PM
not liking the sound of issues with jr's car overheatin, helluva run for allmendinger to, i like how clean things are lookin right now. should make for a a crazy finish if everyone is still running like this.

True, it doesn't sound good, but as Mike Joy was saying that Jr's pit crew member was pulling a hot dog wrapper off of the grill. Those damn splitters pick up and hold onto trash.

I've like Allmendinger since he's started and I really think if he stays focused and keeps his nose clean he can become a regular competitor every weekend in this sport.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
this has been a real good race so far, its nice seeing so many people swappin spots and makin moves.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
AHH and once again in speedweeks "sliced bread" aka Joey Logano has tore up another race car.

I think his bread has been over baked in Daytona these 2 weeks. It was just a racing thing though.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 03:12 PM
No give and take right now, rain could play a factor. THere three and four wide hauling the mail. I smell a crash any minute.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
No give and take right now, rain could play a factor. THere three and four wide hauling the mail. I smell a crash any minute.

i'm waitin for it should be any time now

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 03:32 PM
i'm waitin for it should be any time now

I am amazed at JR's run back to the front and how they all panned out quickly and calmed down. The damn rain or a Goodyear tire will cost somebody a race.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I am amazed at JR's run back to the front and how they all panned out quickly and calmed down. The damn rain or a Goodyear tire will cost somebody a race.

this tire stuff came out of nowhere....gordon lucked out on that stop because it made everyone else nervouse

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Like Stewart said, "its the same thing we talk about every year, crappy Goodyear tires". Whether Gordon's is a camber issue or not, the fact is still is that Goodyear is obviously having problems figuring out a compound to work consistently with this car.

Damn JR just axed himself again on pit road. Jesus they need to go see an old indian folklore guy and have him do a good luck dance or something.

gcart2
02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
bye bye bush

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
bye bye bush

yup, lot of fast cars went out in that wreck

roundsy
02-15-2009, 03:47 PM
bye bye bush

no doubt, days are done for a few more drivers too

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
i dont think it was jr.s fault i think he lifted

haha how bout digger hes cool

gcart2
02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
wheres gordon

roundsy
02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
wheres gordon

he's fine, he was at the back from being the lucky-dog on the previous caution

extremeblastr
Originally posted by JJs450r
i dont think it was jr.s fault i think he lifted

haha how bout digger hes cool

that was jr's fault whether intentional or not, he should've made sure he was clear before tryin to whip back in line like that

gcart2
how about jimmy's save. one hell of a driver if you ask me.

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 03:52 PM
i think vickers lifted but thats comming from a jr fan ;)

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 03:52 PM
that was jr's fault whether intentional or not, he should've made sure he was clear before tryin to whip back in line like that

If I recall, Brian Vickers did the same thing at Talladega 3 years ago. You may say it don't matter, but it was the same situation. This is what plate racing creates. If they get a run, they will try and make the pass on the inside, and the drivers will block.

This will be seen many times during the race, but Dale Jr.s hickup will be magnified. I'll also point out that they were racing for the first car to get the lucky dog. There's a lot of scenario's but the one thing thats for sure, is that its restrictor plate racing.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
i think vickers lifted but thats comming from a jr fan ;)

I feel the same, both replays shows both drivers lifting, but JR didnt clear him on the merging back on the track. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to get up quickly cause the freight train was bout to blow by.

gcart2, you deffinately called that one on the money. Like him or not the 48 is gonna be the force for a long long time. Helluva piece of driving.

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
that wasnt a good move on jr's part. and i like jr.:confused:

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 03:57 PM
haha they just said something about talladega

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
haha they just said something about talladega

Ha I knew they would. The only reason they will magnify this on Dale Jr, is because he is Dale Jr... It was alright when Vickers took them out, but oh my the poster boy of Nascar gets pissed and sends someone packing and they can't stand it.

Give em Hell 88:devil:

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 04:03 PM
good race, first time i haven't missed a lap since i sat in the stands at loudon the year burton won both races

JJs450r
vickers said he hit him on the way down there, i dont think so

redlineranger
And here is Vickers crying about it:p

roundsy
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
here we go again...lol
and jr's got his free pass

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
here we go again...lol
and jr's got his free pass

I honestly think that move of his was him showing the aggresive driving we used to see from him in the Busch series. Unfortunately everyone stays on his *ss about everything, and I think he's fed up with it. We'll see some more aggression all year and deffinately in the rest of the race from the 88. Its no different from what Cryle Busch or Crian Vickers do with their aggresiveness.

Its fixing to be a rat race and major crash cause the rain is coming.

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
ya i think its gonna get crazy

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:15 PM
ya i think its gonna get crazy

I want to know though if you can agree with me on my last post. Don't you think the way he's showed a little bit of pissed off driving and non interest in his interviews that he's just a lil bit tired of the damn media and the haters. I would damn sure be.

Green flag all hell is fixin to break loose.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I want to know though if you can agree with me on my last post. Don't you think the way he's showed a little bit of pissed off driving and non interest in his interviews that he's just a lil bit tired of the damn media and the haters. I would damn sure be.

Green flag all hell is fixin to break loose.

i can agree for the most part with what you said, anyone catch that bit about riverside speedway in mass, i grew up watching my old man race on that track right around when they're talking about, track is gone now they knocked it down when six flags bought the amusment park it was attached to.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Who ever is leading is sitting real pretty. Rain is coming down and if Nascar decides it would be too much work for them:rolleyes: , if they need to stop, dry it, and finish it tonight, they're gonna get a gift from the skies lol.

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
and its over:mad:

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
LAME LAME LAME

They just called the race even though the rain will move out, and the track has lights. NASCAR doesn't want to have to burn the jet dryers fuel lol.

Pathetic.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 04:51 PM
got family down that way on vacation and they say its already clearing up where they are........bogus finish.

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 04:53 PM
got family down that way on vacation and they say its already clearing up where they are........bogus finish.

Without a doubt. Possibly Kenseth's lone win of the year based on the way he's ran in the few years past

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 04:56 PM
sucks they called it i woulda like to see aj A win it

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 05:03 PM
sucks they called it i woulda like to see aj A win it

He was strong and could've got it done. It's not even friggin raining right now. Why does Nascar have no problem running the July Daytona race til one in the morning when it rains so why not try and get there biggest race and best TV rating event finished?

Lame. Mike Helton told Mike Joy to say "theres too much humidity so we're gonna call it". They ran a Pepsi 400 a few years back in July after it rained when humidity is 100% daily til like 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning. :rolleyes:

redlineranger
02-15-2009, 05:15 PM
What's hilarious, is that they had a half hours worth of damn cartoon, and then another half of Keith Urban which I like, but the crowd didnt look all that into it. Jesus Nascar its racing not a concert, they came to see a race.

Ratings will plummet and more fans will dissappear from this, especially the ones that didnt get there $200 worth of tickets.

DP #000
02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
yay elliott sadler came 5th, but he had a good chance to win it.

RaptorRacer45
02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah AJ could of won that but he also could have ended wrecked the way they were runnin...

Great Race for the Richard Petty Motorsports cars and I really hope Allmendinger picks up a full season sponser...He Can Win i know it!

I loved seein the 43 and 44 in the top ten at the end, ill miss Kyle but im not gonna complain if the team can WIN this year.

I had my doubts about Nascar in 2009 but i think im still gonna be fairly hooked:D

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 07:54 PM
He was strong and could've got it done. It's not even friggin raining right now. Why does Nascar have no problem running the July Daytona race til one in the morning when it rains so why not try and get there biggest race and best TV rating event finished?

Lame. Mike Helton told Mike Joy to say "theres too much humidity so we're gonna call it". They ran a Pepsi 400 a few years back in July after it rained when humidity is 100% daily til like 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning. :rolleyes:

im pretty sure because its ran saturday night instead of sunday alot of people have to work tomarrow even though its a "holiday"

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 08:01 PM
i think the young kid (logan maybe) that took over for tony stewart will show some promise this year, his rookie year he will have something to prove

trick450r
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I hate dale jr. I think he is just flat out garbage. There is no reason he should of caused that crash. he took the 10 best people out of the race becuase he sucks. Never liked that *** and never will.

he had a sick run and in the middle of his stomping the **** out of those 10 best drivers on the back stretch vickers needed to pull out and get in the way and he unfortunatly got served and took 9 other drivers with him, thats how i see it. Dale Jr caused it but it wasnt intentional, vickers should never have jumped out.

JJs450r
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I hate dale jr. I think he is just flat out garbage. There is no reason he should of caused that crash. he took the 10 best people out of the race becuase he sucks. Never liked that *** and never will.

bah haters who you like? not like they havent ever caused a ACCIDENT part of racing get over it

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
i think the young kid (logan maybe) that took over for tony stewart will show some promise this year, his rookie year he will have something to prove

joey logano, i was actually surprised to see him with gibbs...he was martin's golden boy when he was working his way up.

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 08:46 PM

1. after seeing the accident from jr's view it wasn't his fault, vickers made a bad call going for that block the way he did
2. jr will never be garbage no matter how much you want him to be
3. maybe you should talk to someone seems like you got a little pent up anger going on there...

jwick07
02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
yeah the most booring man in nascar won! im so bumbed out by the end of the race. Booring ending for a booring driver heck it will be his only win this year and he points race and lead the standings all year with one win the get the championship. Man what a drag and dissapointment that would be

Im sure he is a nice guy and all but i just hate Roush Racing so get pissed every time they win

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
yeah the most booring man in nascar won! im so bumbed out by the end of the race. Booring ending for a booring driver heck it will be his only win this year and he points race and lead the standings all year with one win the get the championship. Man what a drag and dissapointment that would be

Im sure he is a nice guy and all but i just hate Roush Racing so get pissed every time they win

whats your issue with roush racing? they have edwards? he does a good job of keeping things interesting right? roush prides itself in keeping the racing clean (which obviously can't happen every time).

haha dont' mind me HUGE x10 martin fan which put on me board with roush for many years and also red sox fan so i'm somewhat double biased here

mxdad
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
PLEASE GET OFF OF JR'S JOCK!!!

Just because you Jr fans hate Kyle Busch doesn't make it ok to wreck the field. If anyone out there besides Dale Jr would have made that stupid move you all would be crying foul but since it was Jr you all give him a pass??? He was a lap down with 75+ laps to go and was acting like he was 2nd on the last lap. Moves like this one are why Jr will never be a tenth as great as his father was. Vickers blocked his pass and he completely whiped him out and took out some of the best cars ont he track at the same time. People wake up and realize that the other drivers are not required to move out of his way to help him win. Vickers was fighting to stay in the "lucky dog" position and Jr made a very bad decision. Hell even after he got blocked LEGALLY while trying to make the pass he did not have to turn right into Vickers and cause the big wreck. So stop all the crying about what happened at Talladega or when Busch took out Jr last year and be honest with yourself. JR SCREWED HIMSLEF ALL DAY AND GOT FRUSTRATED SO HE MADE A VERY STUPID MOVE ON THE RACE TRACK AND CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR A LOT OF OTHER DRIVERS!!! It's a simple as that guys!!! And after the race did you here all of Jr's crybaby excuses??? "Too many pink signs on pit road" No one else had a problem??? "Rules are too tough for pitting outside your box" Same rules apply to everyone!!! "He blocked me" That's racing!!! Jr is a cry baby that will never be half as good as he is in the minds of his followers!!! Sorry but it's the truth and no matter how much Nascar tries to help him win a championship it's not going to happen!!!

Oh yeah, I'm a Kenseth fan so in the long run my guy won but I would have rather seen him get a chance to race the best cars on the track instead of winning like this. But at the end of the day a win is a win and Jr still sucks!!!

ONE FAVOR!!! BEFORE ALL OF YOU JR FANS START YOUR WHINING FLIP THE SCENARIO ONE TIME. IF JR WAS LEADING AND BUSCH WAS BEHIND VICKERS RUNNING A LAP DOWN AND THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED BUT IT WAS JR THAT WAS TAKEN OUT, WOULD IT STILL BE OK??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by mxdad

ONE FAVOR!!! BEFORE ALL OF YOU JR FANS START YOUR WHINING FLIP THE SCENARIO ONE TIME. IF JR WAS LEADING AND BUSCH WAS BEHIND VICKERS RUNNING A LAP DOWN AND THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED BUT IT WAS JR THAT WAS TAKEN OUT, WOULD IT STILL BE OK??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

ok, you want this discussion you got it buddy. no one in this thread is on jr's jock. the accident was becasue of bad call by both drivers, that legal block was uncalled for and stupid considering the run he had and the timing of it could've taken him out. the crybaby comment, completely uncalled for. never heard any driver ever do anything but b***h after something bad happens to them except for a select few who are very good at playing the aw shucks we screwed up bit. also last year at talledega was during kyle busch's supposed wreck everybody to win period (not saying i believed that one at all seemed to be a whole lot of wrong place wrong time stuff except for a couple) which is why people were so quick to jump. i personally do not like jr at all but seriously grow up and show a good driver some respect, you sir are disgrace to us roush fans.

RedneckRacing18
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Well maybe if Vickers didnt block jr. jr was going for his lead lap there was no reason to block him,...Vickers should not have tried blocking

trick250r
02-16-2009, 11:01 AM
ive always been a kenseth fan and it kinda sucks to see him win it like that... at least its a win tho. and as far as logano, i think were gonna see some good things outta him in years to come. 18 years old? hell, most kids my age would act like theyre on a case of redbull if they were thrown into that situation. plus if gibbs sees somethin in the kid, theres gotta be something there. on another note, idk what to say about junior. like one of the announcers said, he was probably just trying to get back in line before he lost any spots... nonetheless, it was still his fault.

redlineranger
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM

Just because you Jr fans hate Kyle Busch doesn't make it ok to wreck the field. If anyone out there besides Dale Jr would have made that stupid move you all would be crying foul but since it was Jr you all give him a pass??? He was a lap down with 75+ laps to go and was acting like he was 2nd on the last lap. Moves like this one are why Jr will never be a tenth as great as his father was. Vickers blocked his pass and he completely whiped him out and took out some of the best cars ont he track at the same time. People wake up and realize that the other drivers are not required to move out of his way to help him win. Vickers was fighting to stay in the "lucky dog" position and Jr made a very bad decision. Hell even after he got blocked LEGALLY while trying to make the pass he did not have to turn right into Vickers and cause the big wreck. So stop all the crying about what happened at Talladega or when Busch took out Jr last year and be honest with yourself. JR SCREWED HIMSLEF ALL DAY AND GOT FRUSTRATED SO HE MADE A VERY STUPID MOVE ON THE RACE TRACK AND CAUSED PROBLEMS FOR A LOT OF OTHER DRIVERS!!! It's a simple as that guys!!! And after the race did you here all of Jr's crybaby excuses??? "Too many pink signs on pit road" No one else had a problem??? "Rules are too tough for pitting outside your box" Same rules apply to everyone!!! "He blocked me" That's racing!!! Jr is a cry baby that will never be half as good as he is in the minds of his followers!!! Sorry but it's the truth and no matter how much Nascar tries to help him win a championship it's not going to happen!!!

Oh yeah, I'm a Kenseth fan so in the long run my guy won but I would have rather seen him get a chance to race the best cars on the track instead of winning like this. But at the end of the day a win is a win and Jr still sucks!!!

There is no whining from this JR fan, but for 1., they were BOTH racing for the lucky dog, and 2., the Flip scenario is factual as Crian Vickers took Dale JR out at Talladega the exact same way a few years ago. Its called plate racing.

The funny thing is, is how we all may talk about racing and the driver, which all drivers in NASCAR are damn good just too even be there. Yet people are on Dale Jr's *ss saying he sucks. Who's in NASCAR and who is watching on TV speculating? The answer is self evident.

mxdad
02-16-2009, 11:05 AM
ok, you want this discussion you got it buddy. no one in this thread is on jr's jock. the accident was becasue of bad call by both drivers, that legal block was uncalled for and stupid considering the run he had and the timing of it could've taken him out. the crybaby comment, completely uncalled for. never heard any driver ever do anything but b***h after something bad happens to them except for a select few who are very good at playing the aw shucks we screwed up bit. also last year at talledega was during kyle busch's supposed wreck everybody to win period (not saying i believed that one at all seemed to be a whole lot of wrong place wrong time stuff except for a couple) which is why people were so quick to jump. i personally do not like jr at all but seriously grow up and show a good driver some respect, you sir are disgrace to us roush fans.

first, you should reread the thread if you think no one is on Jr's jock.

second, vickers had the position and had every right to use the track to keep it...period. besides the block didn't cause the wreck it was Jr turning back into vickers after he got blocked that caused the wreck, right?

third, do you honestly think jr did not sound like a crybaby when he made excuses about the colors of the other driver's pit signs or the penanlty being too tough for pitting outside the box??? c'mon now man they are supposed to be professionals!!!

fourth, i am grown up and show good drivers respect but i do not believe jr fits into that category. i feel like everyone else should grow up and realize that jr can be wrong and that he was a fault, period!!! in my opinion his father dale was the best there ever was and he is a joke!!! he is only there because of his last name!!! he hasn't done crap in nascar!!! maybe he should go back the the nationwide series where he was competitive!!!

fifth, call me a disgrace to rousch fans, immature, etc... but the truth is Jr made a bad move and anyone that defends that move is plain wrong!!!

mxdad
02-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RedneckRacing18
Well maybe if Vickers didnt block jr. jr was going for his lead lap there was no reason to block him,...Vickers should not have tried blocking

Are you kidding!!! Why should he give the lucky dog spot to Jr? He had the position and it is Jr's responsibity to make a pass w/o wrecking the field. Blocking is legal and went on all day but no one else got frustrated and wrecked the field. Why is it sooo hard for Jr fans to admit he had a bad day and made a huge mistake?

mxdad
02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
There is no whining from this JR fan, but for 1., they were BOTH racing for the lucky dog, and 2., the Flip scenario is factual as Crian Vickers took Dale JR out at Talladega the exact same way a few years ago. Its called plate racing.

The funny thing is, is how we all may talk about racing and the driver, which all drivers in NASCAR are damn good just too even be there. Yet people are on Dale Jr's *ss saying he sucks. Who's in NASCAR and who is watching on TV speculating? The answer is self evident.

You are right!!! There were BOTH racing for the same spot. But Jr definitely made a bad decision when he turned back into Vickers after he was forced below the yellow lines. Tell me this...After the race at Talladega how many people were saying Jr should have moved out of Vickers way??? NONE!!! So why do ppl think Vickers should move out of Jr's way? That is what frustrates me the most about this situation.

Ok I will concede that Jr is good enough to be there but even though he may be the most popular driver he is far from the best driver.

redlineranger
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
You are right!!! There were BOTH racing for the same spot. But Jr definitely made a bad decision when he turned back into Vickers after he was forced below the yellow lines. Tell me this...After the race at Talladega how many people were saying Jr should have moved out of Vickers way??? NONE!!! So why do ppl think Vickers should move out of Jr's way? That is what frustrates me the most about this situation.

Ok I will concede that Jr is good enough to be there but even though he may be the most popular driver he is far from the best driver.

JR was not b*tching about it though. Vickers said in Victory Lane " he did everything he had to do that was just racing". JR said himself that it was racing. Also the only fans that think Vickers should have moved out of the way are obviously the dumb ones. Its called the Daytona 500, and you would also do anything you had to do to win.

I am deffinately not a member of the media prone "JR Nation". Im not one of the New Gen. fans that only like JR because everyone else does. I've watched his whole racing career and know that he is far from the best driver, but that he is a damn good driver.
He didnt ask for all the bullsh*t media love, and he'll say that over and over and over. It's the media that needs to "get off JRS jock" as someone earlier stated.

He made a bonehead mistake that cost some people a chance at winning the Daytona 500. I'm pretty sure thats the only pile up at a plate race he's ever solely been the one of the main contributors to. Edwards has caused Big One's, Kyle Busch has, Jimmie Johnson has, blah blah so on and so forth. It just so happened that JR was the dumb*ss this time

The only true solution to the whole mess is that its plate racing. We'll see the same stuff it at the remaining 3 this year.

ben300
02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
as a jr. fan, it truly sucked to see his day go that way, adn yes the accident was caused by him, but he was not at total fault. I saw that crash coming from a 100000 miles away, especially when vickers came down the way he did. and i dotn think jr. deliberately metn to cause that wreck, i dotn even think that he metn to cause vickers to wreck, he jsut hastily made a decision that cause a chain reacton that messed alot of ppls days up.

it does suck fro alot of ppl. I truy thought busch could have one that race, adn i was bumbed that edwards was knocked out to cuase he's one of my favorite drivers as well.

its just racing...

and as for sayign that he sucks, or s overated, is just plain BS. He's consistently a top competitor in most races, he's a good number of races, considering the days of winning 80 something races like his dad are over. and for whoever said he doenst run up front at short tracks, he was pretty gamey at martinsville last year....

also..i was super impressed iwth tony stewart....with the run he made in that race, in the nationwide race...im realy happy for him to be getting his team started off the right way..

also, glad to see aj allmendinger doing well...he's earned a few breaks

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 12:47 PM
ya know what though, i just thought of something. everybody talks about how boring kenseth is. didn't he pass 40+ cars to win that race even if he did win because of the rain?

JJs450r
02-16-2009, 02:12 PM

wth are you talking about his dad was one of the most aggressive drivers there was, he gets it from his dad

ben300
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
I like the whole roush team and i like kyle busch and tony stewart. I think they are great drivers and I have always hated dale jr. If it wasnt for him i bet kyle busch would of won the race.

ya, but shrub could have led lap 1-199, and ended up in tenth, thats how daytona works...

did suck for him, carl, jamie mac, jimmie johnson, vickers, and the five other cars involved in that accident..

mxduner
02-17-2009, 01:51 AM
fella's about the jr/vickers incident... does it occur to anyone that, maybe we should not hate the player but hate the game?

blocking is just a part of racing.thats what can make it this fun.the yellow line rule... oh wait, the double line rule is part of nascars 'controversy' which allows them to win at the water cooler talks like this very one.dang there was some very good racing at lap 80 once everybody caught WIND of the rain coming in... no pun intended:D
way to go petty drivers and way to go kenseth!
and also to the solo boys mayfield and baldwin motor sports. hope they can get a deal lined up with corporate america.

bradley300
02-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
he had a sick run and in the middle of his stomping the **** out of those 10 best drivers on the back stretch vickers needed to pull out and get in the way and he unfortunatly got served and took 9 other drivers with him, thats how i see it. Dale Jr caused it but it wasnt intentional, vickers should never have jumped out.

he wasnt stomping anyones ***, he was the second car a lap down thanks to his own ignorance, and he had a run, just like everyone else had at some point in the race against someone

everyone should just move over and let the NASCAR royalty pass, dont they realize jr. has a race to win? Oh, and we also need to revise those pit road rules so jr. cant screw up anymore, damn pit box lines shouldnt have been in his way after all, and how dare those other drivers make pit signs similar to jr.'s! they made him blow past his pit box for god's sake!

vickers blocked, it was perfectly legal, jr. decided to take him out instead of waiting till he was clear to fall back line, the same thing happened during the nationwide race te day before and the guy got a 5 lap penalty, but when NASCAR's goldenboy does the same thing hey, rubbin's racin'. listen next time jr. does something stupid, he'll have another excuse, but you can bet he wont be pointing the finger back at himself.

merchandise sales and popularity dont make you a good racer, and he's never going to win a championship, its obvious already he cant handle the pressure

ben300
02-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
merchandise sales and popularity dont make you a good racer

and unfortunately neither does being a keyboard warrior either...

thats why he does what he's done, has accomplished what he has...and thats why you do what ever it is you do

bradley300
02-17-2009, 06:21 AM
wth are you talking about his dad was one of the most aggressive drivers there was, he gets it from his dad

his fans called him "aggresive", I call him DIRTY. but at least he had the wins and championships to back it up, cant same the same for jr.

JJs450r
02-17-2009, 06:25 AM
little piece of history the good ole days

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Koly3NlXUM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Koly3NlXUM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XyrYA5TbFU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XyrYA5TbFU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bradley300
02-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by ben300

thats why he does what he's done, has accomplished what he has...and thats why you do what ever it is you do

A busch championship 10 years ago? 18 cup wins and no champioship to show for it? he's had everything handed to him from busch on up (at least) and he's still just an average racer that will never have a champioship in ANY top racing series

ben300
02-17-2009, 06:34 AM
A busch championship 10 years ago? 18 cup wins and no champioship to show for it? he's had everything handed to him from busch on up (at least) and he's still just an average racer that will never have a champioship in ANY top racing series

well other than jimmie and gordon, adn not counting the bazillion wins by carl and shrub last year, there havent been to many other drives to grab as many winns in that ten year span in the sprint cup. Hes a consistent finisher, has had good season minus is last season at dei...

i thing theres just alot of hate going on aroundhere..

im not saying the accidnt was justified, or that he is not blame...

but to say he's overrated is like saying barrack obama didnt win the election in november by landslide..

JJs450r
02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
his fans called him "aggresive", I call him DIRTY. but at least he had the wins and championships to back it up, cant same the same for jr.

hey he didnt get the intimidator nickname for not doing anything,

its all apart of racing, all we can do is sit here and moan and groan as fans lets let them make there own mistakes

trick250r
02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
look, theyre all professional racers and none of us ever will be in that sport. some of those guys might not be as good as others but they can still drive better than you. anyways, im glad to see stewart finish up there for his first race for this team. anyone else hear one of the announcers tell about the deal haas offered him? 50% ownership without monetary obligation or something like that. hes out there racing, owns half of the team, and doesnt have to pay for it... sounds pretty good to me.

redlineranger
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
look, theyre all professional racers and none of us ever will be in that sport. some of those guys might not be as good as others but they can still drive better than you. anyways, im glad to see stewart finish up there for his first race for this team. anyone else hear one of the announcers tell about the deal haas offered him? 50% ownership without monetary obligation or something like that. hes out there racing, owns half of the team, and doesnt have to pay for it... sounds pretty good to me.

Finally someone else has said it. No matter how much people want to drive the worn out, incorrect line of "he's just riding on his daddy's name", the fact is he will be at the track on Sundays for quite a few more years pacing the field or contending for the win and we will be watching on TV. He will be making millions and the haters will continue to cry about it. The final verdict on the JR vs Vickers deal is still thats racing at Daytona for you, Vickers knows it, JR knows it, anyone that watches racing knows it. With the key word being WATCHES since that what all the critics on here do. There's three sides to every story in racing so just deal with it. Much bigger things will happen this year and by the end nobody will really give a damn.

It was damn good to see Tony Stewart compete, and as far as I can tell he's focused and determined to knock Jimmie Johnson out of the throne. Only time will tell though.

I hope to see AJ Allmendinger gain a full scheduled ride in that 44 car. It might just have been one race but as strong as the whole program was, keep an eye on Richard Petty Motorsports.

RaptorRacer45
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I hope to see AJ Allmendinger gain a full scheduled ride in that 44 car. It might just have been one race but as strong as the whole program was, keep an eye on Richard Petty Motorsports. [/B]

x2! You may be suprised:D

ben300
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I hope to see AJ Allmendinger gain a full scheduled ride in that 44 car. It might just have been one race but as strong as the whole program was, keep an eye on Richard Petty Motorsports.

ya im for one really pulling for aj...hes a likable guy and i think he's talented enough, hes just gotten teh short end of th stick to any times...i think he'll get the ride and hopefully he can someday get on a team with the good **** adn contend for more wins..

not saying that evernham cars aretn good, cause we all know kasey kahne has won with them