PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting front shocks

yernkie
02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
I just put a pair of front shocks off a 2006 YFZ on my quad. I assume they are compression and rebound adjustable since they have screws at the bottom and top. My question is which one adjusts what, and what would be the proper way to adjust them?

jr4
02-15-2009, 01:30 PM
what did you put them on the top adjuster is compression and the bottom is rebound

yernkie
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
A 400ex. Sorry, its not a YFZ :)

Thanks for the info.

jr4
02-15-2009, 01:54 PM
check the ride height from the floor to the frame where the pegs mount and the frame below the oil tank to the ground the front should be about 1/4" higher if its not adjust the front springs (preload) the treaded adjuster to get the height if you can never tried yfz shocks on an ex the ride it if the front is to stiff adjust the compressio softer (counterclockwise) adjust both the same

yernkie
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
The front is a little low, so I will need to adjust the ride height. The preload is adjusted all the way to the top. Will compressing the spring make the shock longer or shorter? I know, stupid questions, but I have never messed with suspension before. Also, is there a special tool to use to adjust the prload, or just use a cresent wrench?

jr4
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
how low and yes there tools to adjust the rings but what ever works pm for more info