PDA

View Full Version : Turn Around Time?

Les Davis
02-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Pappy, what kind of turn around time would it be to get frame,subframe, swinger and arms done right now? Frame is already coated and gussetted. Also can you match the Houser Racing red??? Of course I've waited till the last minute to do my teardown and BPG opens in 2 weeks!

Pappy
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
If I can get the parts here tomorrow, I shouldnt have any problems meeting your need:p

Yes, I can do the red

Pappy
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Les, Kevin said he can meet you if needed, Mon or Tues

Les Davis
02-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Pappy, you are the man! What would be the best way to get ahold of Kevin. I will have to meet him on Tuesday. I got most of the bike tore down tonight but had some technically difficulty with the subframe. Got two allen heads on the rear brake master cylinder that are stripped out. I gotta pull the arms tomorrow night still. Can you help a brother out with those? Decided to leave the main frame alone. Picked up a new/used frame that was already coated and it looks to pretty to mess with.

Here's what I want to get done for now:

Front/Rear Hubs = Red (Close to Houser Racing Colors)
Upper and Lower Arms = Red (Close to Houser Racing Colors)
Subframe = Gloss Black

Pappy
02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I will pm you his cell. He is on the road at 5:30 am and is usually available to about 7pm.

Show kevin what needs to be repaired, he will probably fix it before I ever see the parts:p

Les Davis
02-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks for hookign me up wit hKevin this week Pappy! I really appreciate it. Let me know what I owe you and I'll send over payment via paypal or cash if you prefer. Let me know which you prefer.

Pappy
02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Doesnt matter, what ever works best for you

Kevin said he got those two bolts out, but he had to take the head off of them and then remvoe the rest of the bolt. Order 2 new ones or make arrangements to have some if ya dont already

I will have your parts done early in the week and you guys can meet back up if im not coming down that way etc.

Now on this red, you want the red..high gloss..like a fire truck red or do you want the candy red..like anodized red? I have both, just want to nail down which one you want

Les Davis
02-20-2009, 07:12 PM
yes those bolts were a mf'r! Think we overdosed on the loc-tite during the last rebuild.

Yeah, I can meet Kevin next week. That actually worked out great last week.

Let's go with the high gloss fire truck red...maybe I'll put a fire engie siren on the handlebars to make the faster riders get out of my way:devil: :D

You heading up to BPG for opening weekend?

Pappy
02-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I will be in Florida to cover the GNCC:p Ya'll be safe up there!

Les Davis
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Need someone to carry your camera bag....the weather has got to be better there:D

Pappy
02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I hope so:p

I was going to leave thursday night and come back monday, but if I can get this work cleared out of here, I wills tay down in that area all week and put the camera to work on some of the florida and georgia wildlife.

i took today off but plan on working non stop sunday mon -wednesday. id love to leave with 100% of everything completed:p

Pappy
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Les...what time frame are we on now? kevin said you had plans and wouldnt be able to do BPG this coming weekend?

I have the arms stripped but the sub frame has to go to burn off and I doubt I will have it back before I leave for florida. I dont want to hold up your riding so please fill me in, this way I can either move forward with the sub or leave it as is.

Les Davis
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Pappy was still trying to hit BPG but the weather isnt looking the best right now. It can wait till you get back. I appreciate you trying to look out for me!

One small problem...the longer you have my stuff, the more time I have to decide on other parts to get powder:D :devil:

Pappy
02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
It's all good:p

If this was a solid color on the sub I could scuff and shoot it to get you by, but would prefer to do it correctly. I will be calling tomorrow to see if there is any way possible for them to burn it off ASAP for me so I will do my best

If you need other parts done, just get ahold of Kevin and he will grab them from ya

Les Davis
02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Pappy...dont go out of your way on my account. I'm the idiot that decided to do the tear down 2 weeks before the opening:confused: :mad:

Make you a deal....if you can't get the sub done, you gotta drag me along with you to Florida next weekend....sounds like a win-win deal for me!

Pappy
02-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Haha..well it wont be a fun trip as far as the drive. I am not taking my trailer, just me and one gear packed Mustang:p I will probably just stay down in that region for the week instead of driving back, then turning around and heading back to Georgia the following weekend.

Been awhile since I was a bum and played hippie:D

Les Davis
02-22-2009, 06:40 PM
is there another race in Georgia the following weekend? I will be in Atlanta for our National Sales meeting that weekend. Been trying to plan a long weekend there and hang with some friends while I'm there. A GNCC would be a great way to end the weekend.

Pappy
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Yep, Rd#1 is this weekend, then the following weekend its Rd#2 in Washington Georgia. It makes for a good week to stay down that way. Last year killed us on fuel at $4 a gallon. This year I am doing all I can to cut costs as I will be doing all the GNCCs and about 1/2 of the GNC's (Just about the same as last season)

So I will be "roughing" it and not paying for a hotel each night etc. I have all my needed supplies:p I can cook, shower and shave out of my trunk:eek2:

Les Davis
02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey Pap, just doing some thinking. Where you able to shot the hubs and arms yet? I could take the subframe back as is right now and get it back up to you after you get back from FL/GA. Let me know and I'll stop up and get everything.

Pappy
02-23-2009, 10:41 PM
hubs are stripped and can be coated tomorrow. Sub is already at strippers. I could call and see if they have started it yet and try to pick it uo if they havent

Les Davis
02-24-2009, 05:35 AM
nah dont worry about it Pappy if the sub is already out for stripping. Sorry to be a pain in the a*s:devil:

Les Davis
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Pap, welcome back! Pics you posted while away looked amazing! Ok now to the good stuff....any idea when I might see my freshly coated goodies??

Pappy
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I will be shooting red tomorrow, so if all goes well I will get them done and over to Kevins tomorrow evening

Les Davis
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
sounds great Pappy. Can't wait to get them back! My bike looks lonely without a front end:devil: :D I'll be at Breezewood the day after that bad boy is back together.

All that new powder should make me atleast 20 second faster a lap:D :devil: :blah:

Les Davis
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Almost forgot, Let me know how much I owe you and I'll send over the payment through Paypal or give to Kevin by check. Should save you a few bux if I dont use PayPal?????

Pappy
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I pm'd ya

Parts are done, primed, color coat and clear

Les Davis
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Looking good Pappy! Almost a shame to get them dirty. Can't wait to get everything buttoned up and get some riding in!

Les Davis
03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Pappy got up with Kevin today and the parts look amazing!!! Thanks so much for helping a brother out. I gave Kevin the $$$ for the work. Should have it buttoned up soon.

Pappy
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Glad to hear it Les...have a safe and enjoyable season filled with riding!!! I'm sure I will get a chance to get some pics of you in action at BPG this year!