View Full Version : kfx450 or yfz450

trx400 rider
02-14-2009, 10:55 PM
ok im looking into two bikes the kfx450 is an 2008 and there asking 4000 the yfz is an 2005 se and has a jet kit and full exhaust and is very clean well tookin care of there askin 3,200 what you all think i should do?

chevys&honda$
02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I say go fo the yfz my buddy bought a new kfx a few months ago what a turd:( i was not impressed, the yfz has got real good power even stock

trx400 rider
02-15-2009, 12:29 AM
ok thanx for the info

JParisi48
02-15-2009, 04:15 AM
what kinda riding do you do? i would get a kfx cuz i dont like the feel of the yfz's and the kawi is fuel injected with reverse..

trx400 rider
02-15-2009, 10:18 AM
i do all kinds of riding what ever im in the mood to do lol but i ike the ltr and i ride one a lot cause my buddy has one and i like the feel of it its just two wide for trail riding.but i heard the yfz has the same lowish feel so i thought i would like the feel i also heard the kfx feels tippy i dont know if that true or not and do any one know any problems both those bikes have

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 01:02 PM
i have a kawi and i love. i dont think it feels tippy at all. i have ridden my buddies yfz and its a good bike also. i love having reverse, more for the convenience. the efi is nice and great throttle response. they both have hard seats , i dont think the yfz had a softer seat until 06. i do mostly woods riding and alot of hills and i feel like the kfx is very well suited for it.

416exfreak
02-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Ive rode both a KFX and a YFZ.

Neither one felt "tippy", though the YFZ felt like it sat a bit lower. The KFX had better throttle response (EFI) and reverse was a nice feature.

The YFZ is overall faster, but I dont think it is "quicker" than the KFX.

If you get th KFX, plan on getting a pipe, filter, EFI controller and doing some gearing changes immediately.

It gets VERY hot in stock trim, and tops out in about 250 feet...:ermm:

450raider
02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
the kfx is junk....... ive had mine for almost 2 years and i havent had a problem out of it, wtf?

bill ballance is winning title after title and hes on a yfz right? problem solved......

seriously though in your shoes id get the yfz if it was cheaper, but with that price difference why not the kfx/

TWISTED DINLI
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
i love my yfz. i would def get one

trx400 rider
02-15-2009, 02:56 PM
yea i think im going to get the yfz its very clean and almost looks new i would put a pic up but it says image two big so what do i do to make it able to put on

extremeblastr
02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
to be honest, the kfx is plenty reliable and quick for the every day rider but i have heard from multiple local and one national pro that it just doesn't quite seem like its got it on the track at that level.

trx400 rider
02-15-2009, 03:01 PM
yea thats some people were telling me thats y im leaning twords the yfz but do any one know what kind of problems the 05 have

BlaineKaiser450
02-15-2009, 03:12 PM
the kawis look nice but id go with the yfz personally

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
i dont think you will be riding at the pro level, so i think it will have enough power. the only thing i can tell that feels hot is the stock head pipe, it has a lower temp thermostat and that is why the fan runs alot. i would say go with the one you are more comfy with, i dont think you can go wrong with either. one think to think about is the yfz has 3 more years on it so you might have some maintenance fixes coming up. good luck on whichever one you want.

450raider
02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
i dont think you will be riding at the pro level, so i think it will have enough power. the only thing i can tell that feels hot is the stock head pipe, it has a lower temp thermostat and that is why the fan runs alot. i would say go with the one you are more comfy with, i dont think you can go wrong with either. one think to think about is the yfz has 3 more years on it so you might have some maintenance fixes coming up. good luck on whichever one you want.

what!? everyone knows that if a pro is winning on a machine and you buy that machine that you must be at a pro level?.... shot that logic down :devil:

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
huh then i wonder what im doin wrong, must be because im not using race gas:D

450raider
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by mod440ex
huh then i wonder what im doin wrong, must be because im not using race gas:D

and youre just an average weekend rider right?.... jeez good thing i resurfaced, you still need an intake, race gas, higher compression pistons, +4 aarms, the most expensive pipe and prgrammer you can find, kill switch, kicker conversion, send your motor cross country to get all this done, lose those heavy lights, then well get into watcha really need :)

mod440ex
02-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
and youre just an average weekend rider right?.... jeez good thing i resurfaced, you still need an intake, race gas, higher compression pistons, +4 aarms, the most expensive pipe and prgrammer you can find, kill switch, kicker conversion, send your motor cross country to get all this done, lose those heavy lights, then well get into watcha really need :)

i think before i lose the heavy light and send it away i bet, not for sure, but it might just go faster if i dropped about 50-75 pounds.:D i doubt it though