PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Suzuki LTZ50 exhaust/intake question?

hwill
02-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Is there any exhaust/intake restirictions on this quad. I seen alot of post refer to the older 2 stroke models but not much to do with the newer 4 stroke ones.
With the exhaust I'm mostly wanting to make this little quad alittle louder to be heard on the trails, compared to our 07 KFX50 you can't even hear this one.
For the intake I just want to get a Uni as a replacement filter.
Anything I can do without having to rejet?

I already removed the collar and that helped with the speed so I'm not really looking to make it faster. Just easier to maintain with the UNI and have a little louder exhaust.

Thanks

airmobile101
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
CT RACING makes a pipe for it.

Hemi636
02-22-2009, 04:30 PM
If you just want to make it louder, take the spark arrestor out of the end of the tail-pipe. Look inside, you'll see that there is a flat blocker plate in the pipe, and a small 1/4" tube coming out on the bottom. I drilled some holes in the flat plate, and it is alot louder now. It didn't give it any noticable power increases, but I didn't change anything with the intake or jetting either.

hwill
02-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks I'll give that a try.

thequadfather+2
03-15-2009, 10:54 AM
If you are looking for a nice improvement take three rollers out of the clutch and put in a new dynatek CDI (or a stock Z90 CDI). Follow that up with 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers (ebay) and you will be suprised at how much more grunt it has down low. The CDI will give you a few more RPM's which will give back the top speed robbed by removing the rollers. The spacers will give more stability. You'll end up with more low torque, speed and stability.

roy's 07ltr450
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
just wondering if the collar is on the right side? and if that made a big difference in the speed? thanks

thequadfather+2
04-26-2010, 03:42 PM
yes it does make a difference. It should have some details in the owners manual. It's the collar in the cvt. Front variator of the clutch. Follw the link, put in the model, year, ect and you will find the CVT pictured on the Transmission (1) assembly detail. look at #4 "spacer, moveable drive stopper"....Thats what you are looking for. When you do that put a 90 CDI in it and take out three rollers.

http://www.suzukipartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx

desratt
08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
just take a hack saw to the pipe right at the bent next to the engine .. that will make it louder...
jk I think ct's pipe would be a good choice