PDA

View Full Version : ds 450x xc, yfz, outlaw 525 irs?

Soldier 425
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
okkay recently i have been trying to think of an atv that would fit me best. I now have narrowed it down to be either the ds 450x xc, yfz, or outlaw 525 irs. I have riding all three and I am quite impressed with all of them. I want to use them to cross county race, perhaps gncc someday, and to go on the trails I ride now which for me I think every ride is a race. But anyway I was wondering what u guys thought about it since u guys rode them and have more experience then I do. If it helps I put ALOT of miles on them and pretty much ride all the time no matter what and I live in pa with bad winter like for cold not so much snow. soooo anyway thanks for your help

jersey devil
02-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Try the new yamaha yfz 450R.You will be impressed!

1socal450
02-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Try the YFZR for sure,or even the YFZ would be the best choice.The DS is problematic,the IRS quads weigh a ton and have too much body-roll.The YFZ is a proven winner!

nate450x
02-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Honestly, I own a DS 450 and I have loved it so far. Mine is an 08' and there has been a couple of recalls but other than that i love it. Anyway, what i wanted to say is that my buddy (brother-in-law) has a 08 YFZ 450 and it is great. He has had no problems with it and if you do the cam mod like he did it screams. When he first bought it he had not even made the first payment on it when his wife (with me on the back) drove it into a pond!!! We pulled it out, drained it, flushed it about 6 times and it has been running ever since. I guess what i am saying is, if you can drive a quad into a pond, flush it out and not have any problems with it then it must be a pretty good quad. Don't get me wrong i love my DS but Yamaha sure does make a great quad too!!!

BrettOaktree
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by nate450x
Honestly, I own a DS 450 and I have loved it so far. Mine is an 08' and there has been a couple of recalls but other than that i love it. Anyway, what i wanted to say is that my buddy (brother-in-law) has a 08 YFZ 450 and it is great. He has had no problems with it and if you do the cam mod like he did it screams. When he first bought it he had not even made the first payment on it when his wife (with me on the back) drove it into a pond!!! We pulled it out, drained it, flushed it about 6 times and it has been running ever since. I guess what i am saying is, if you can drive a quad into a pond, flush it out and not have any problems with it then it must be a pretty good quad. Don't get me wrong i love my DS but Yamaha sure does make a great quad too!!!

haha i had a nightmare once about driving my quad into a pond lol. But i have an 08 yfz and live in pa and i think its a very solid choice.