PDA

View Full Version : ds 450x xc, yfz, outlaw 525 irs?

Soldier 425
02-14-2009, 08:03 PM
okkay recently i have been trying to think of an atv that would fit me best. I now have narrowed it down to be either the ds 450x xc, yfz, or outlaw 525 irs. I have riding all three and I am quite impressed with all of them. I want to use them to cross county race, perhaps gncc someday, and to go on the trails I ride now which for me I think every ride is a race. But anyway I was wondering what u guys thought about it since u guys rode them and have more experience then I do. If it helps I put ALOT of miles on them and pretty much ride all the time no matter what and I live in pa with bad winter like for cold not so much snow. soooo anyway thanks for your help.

crixal
02-14-2009, 08:15 PM
i really don't think you could go wrong w/ any of them. i personally like the ds the best out of the three, but that's why i own one. the 525 is a little faster than me when it was stock vs stock. the ds really runs good w/ a pipe & intake. everyone you ask here is prolly gonna persuade you towards the ds, same as if you asked in the yfz or outlaw forum. i would get the one you are most comfortable on. if i was gonna get a yfz, i would get the carb one. i really don't like the new one at all. good luck w/ your buy.

ProspectorJim
02-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd go for the dsx xc if you're going to be racing, since its race ready.

I live in pa as well and love mine. Even in the coldest weather it started right up. The handling is simply amazing. Its also easy to pick up and drag the front end around,for when you hit a blocked trail:) . My only regret is not waiting for the 09's and getting an x mx.