PDA

View Full Version : amatuer needs help on shocks

IRISH-RACER-14
02-14-2009, 04:17 PM
ok i need some help on some elkas? i dont realy know what to buy but do not know what is the best elka for my 300ex?
whick is better long travel or standarn travel? and which would be better the piggybacks or the

jr4
02-14-2009, 09:59 PM
if you have stock a-arms you can only use standerd travel and piggybacks are the best

crablaster
02-15-2009, 08:05 AM
i wouldnt get elkas eather i hAD THEM AND THEY WERE THE WORST SUSPESNSION I EVER HAD

IRISH-RACER-14
02-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by crablaster
i wouldnt get elkas eather i hAD THEM AND THEY WERE THE WORST SUSPESNSION I EVER HAD

i think its all a matter of opinion realy but elkas seem to be the best?what else is there fox,works???please tell me whats the best setup for a 300ex

crablaster
02-15-2009, 12:13 PM
i always run axis and i love them i have seen alot of works bend

IRISH-RACER-14
02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by crablaster
i always run axis and i love them i have seen alot of works bend
im 14 years old and 6ft tall and 150 pounds?what shoocks would suit me best for trail riding and mx

JHracing4
02-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Check out Motowoz best suspension ive ever ran.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ipwcax.gif

WB450r
02-15-2009, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JHracing4
[B]Check out Motowoz best suspension ive ever ran.

i love my motowoz shocks..they are top of the line IMO..but there also the only kind of shocks ive ridden on..so i wouldnt no about fox or axis

hardkoratvmxr
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
my experience with elka involves extensive dialing in and in some cases sending out to get redone by someone else. elka seems hit and miss compared to the other shock mfg. i would not get fox imo because unless you like setting your shocks up day by day due to elevation, air temp, track, all of the above then they are not the ones for you. if you have any kind of a-arm and are not running the shock relocator kit then you can not run anything long travel. your question on whether or not you should go remote over piggyback is totally up to you and in my opinion what kind of riding you do. mx it really doesnt matter as long as they are not near a heat source and can get good wind to flow over them. xc i would get remote because you can place the rezzys in a spot where if you were to crash they would be least likely to get hit. if you recreational ride only there is really no sense in getting rezzys at all unless you just like the adjustability

IRISH-RACER-14
02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
my experience with elka involves extensive dialing in and in some cases sending out to get redone by someone else. elka seems hit and miss compared to the other shock mfg. i would not get fox imo because unless you like setting your shocks up day by day due to elevation, air temp, track, all of the above then they are not the ones for you. if you have any kind of a-arm and are not running the shock relocator kit then you can not run anything long travel. your question on whether or not you should go remote over piggyback is totally up to you and in my opinion what kind of riding you do. mx it really doesnt matter as long as they are not near a heat source and can get good wind to flow over them. xc i would get remote because you can place the rezzys in a spot where if you were to crash they would be least likely to get hit. if you recreational ride only there is really no sense in getting rezzys at all unless you just like the adjustability
thanks man i think ill get the remote?

gojk
02-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by kdigginz
thanks man i think ill get the remote?

Unless you have a specific reason to get the remote rezzies, get the piggybacks. It can be a pain to find a place to mount the rezzies. I have a steering stabilizer and remotes and I had to get really creative to figure out how to mount the rezzies.